Glasses

I know that it's summer now, but once in Literature I was sitting next to my friend Erin (the one I dissected a cow eyeball with, #TrueFriends), this kid that everyone dislikes (and I don't know why; I don't hate him; but let's call him "Bob"), and this boy (I have mentioned him in earlier stories...I think his name was SPG?? For Smart Popular Guy?).

So I accidentally touched the lens of my glasses, and when you do that it leaves a fingerprint mark on the class and it is SO ANNOYING to see out of.

#GlassesProblems

So I took off my glasses to wipe off the fingerprint mark with my shirt, and SPG was staring at me or something (idk why??).

So then SPG looks funny at me and wrinkles his nose and says, "You look so weird without your glasses."

It felt as if someone had pushed me backwards.

Into a volcano.

That just exploded.

Okay I'm exaggerating!! I didn't feel that bad.

I'm not going to lie, I felt a little hurt by his comment...

"SPG!! That was so rude..." said Erin.

"Yeah, uh, why would you even say that, uh," said Bob.

And apparently the teacher was walking by when he said that out loud...

So I put my glasses back on and continued my work without saying a word, but I did glance at SPG and his face was red. LIKE A TOMATO THAT WAS DYED RED ALTHOUGH TOMATOES ARE ALREADY RED!! So he was blushing, because he hurt my feelings and people were like, ehh not a nice comment. But I don't think that's something to blush about?

So then my teacher says, "SPG, apologize to Ashley."

And I was like frick friCK FRICK FRICK FRICKETY FRACK FRACK because that is the WORST, the WORST thing that needed to happen at the moment, AN APOLOGY.

THIS AIN'T KINDERGARTEN MA'AM WE DON'T NEED TO MAKE THIS A BIG DEAL NO NO THIS AIN'T CARE BEARS NO LADY NO I'M THE TYPE OF PERSON TO SUCK IN ALL THE STUPID MEAN COMMENTS AND LET THEM STAY IN ME LIKE........

I kinda wish that I would've replied to SPG and said, "Oh wow SPG, thanks for that incredibly nice comment that really brings up my self-esteem and helps with the huge amount of confidence that I already have!" but instead I kept my head down.

But anyways, SPG scratched the back of his head and said

"Sorry. I didn't mean it like that, I meant weird like weird in a--"

This is where I interrupted him, by softly muttering

"thanks..."

Because I didn't want to hear the rest of what he was saying.