Chapter 4; Why Stop Now?

Enjoy:)

-Deeannah<3

****************

I shut my front door and slid down it untill I reached the floor. The tears never stopped. I had a chance to fix everyhing and I just walked away from it. What have I done?

I stood up and ran up the stairs and into my bed room. I jumoed onto my bed and put my face in my pillow.

Today is, officially, the worst day of my life.

I cried and cried until finally I fell in to this thing called sleep.

******************

Ring ring, ring ring.

I awoke to the sond of my ringtone blaring through my room. I answerd the phone with out checking the ID. Big mistake.

"Hello?"

"Your going to regret what you did yesterday. And dont think because you have Luke now your always have him. I have a way of getting peoole to do what I want. Id watch my back if I were you. I'll make sure you suffer more this time. Remember......I'm watching you."

"Umm who is this?"

"Someone your gunna wish you never met." And with that the phone line went dead.

I sat there on my bed froze. Who was that and what was that all about? I decided to ignore it. Its probably just someone from school messing around. Right? Right.

Just like when I was messing around. When I was 13....

-*-*-*-*-*-flashback-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"What is it? What did you do wrong?" The kind lady asked again. I tried answering but it was hard. The tears were taking over my whole body. I couldnt stop shaking.

"I-I didnt mean to hurt anybody." I cried.

"Sweaty I cant help you unless you tell me what youve done wrong." I took in a deep breath and opend my mouth.

"I-I hurt my mum." I said the tears coming even faster now that I've said it.

"How did you hurt her honey?" She asked.

"I did something bad. I d-didnt mean t-to I was only trying to help."

"Okay well lets get you home and you can tell me when we get home yeah?" I nodded my head and we were on our way to what I now call home.

***********************

I wiped the tears that were running down my cheeks and stood up to get changed.

"Tara? Tara where are you?" Lukes voice rang through the empty house.

"Luke?" I asked opening my bed room door, now dressed in a pale blue knee length dress.

"Tara, thank god your here. Ive been looking ever-"

"Luke, how did you get in?"

"Oh right, your brother gave me his key. He stayed at mine last night." I nodded.

"Tara have you been crying?" He asked noticing my now red puffy eyes.

I shook my head trying to forget the memory that was on to way back into my mind.

"C'm here." He pulled me close and wrapped his arms around my waste. I put my arms on his shoulders and berried my face in his neck.

"Its okaay." He soothed.

*************************

"So whats your name?" She asked.

"Tara." I said finally smiling.

"Thats a lovley name. Do you want to tell me what happend to your mum? It might help."

I nodded my head and went on to explaining the thing that I regretted.

"I got home from school and my mum was in the kitchen. I wanted to be helpful but then I heard my mum shouting and a man shouting back. I didnt kmow what to do. The man was shouting horrible things. Things that didnt sound like thing my mum would do. My dad died when I was 12 and my mum was a recovering alcoholic. She would hurt me if I did something that would upset her or what she thought would upset my dad. I walked into the kitchen and found that only my mum was out there. But she was drinking. I walked back out of the kitchen, not wanting to get in her way. I walked over to the cabinate and lookdd at the photo of my mum and dad. I smiled when I sww how happy they both were. I trund around and she was stood there. She started shouting at me saying that his death was all my fault. That she would still be happy if i wasnt born, that I was her biggest mistake."

**********************

"Im everyones biggest mistake." I said outloud finally believing it.

"What did you say?" Luke asked pulling away from the hug.

"Nothing." I did what I do best. I lied. My whole life is just a lie. So why stop now?

"C'mon lets watch a film." He reached out and grabbed hold of my hand pulling me into my room.