She's Back

*****AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END PLEASE READ!!!*****

A couple days after that awful day concerning Joshua and Embry, I took to spending more time with Rachel, Leah, and Emily. The other reason why I've been hanging out with the girls lately was because Jake's been getting more anxious and on edge, and if I were being honest with myself, so was I.

Edward and Bella have been away for a while and I've been wondering if she has lived or not. Now I'm not doubting Edward's ability in being able to keep Bella safe, but just a small part of me is worried for her. Call it the evil in me but sometimes I tend to doubt Edward's ability.

"Hey!" I jumped when I heard Leah's unnaturally loud voice in my face. "What?" I asked laying back down on the towel that I was laying on.

Leah, Emily, Rachel, and I were tanning ourselves on First Beach just relaxing. "What?" I asked lowering my sunglasses down my nose. "Weren't you listening?" Emily asked and then chuckled when my face held a confused blanked look.

"Obviously not, Em," Rachel said. Looking from Emily and Rachel who was on my left, I turned to my right to see Leah rolling her eyes at me. "What is it?" I asked propping myself up on my elbows.

"What are you going to do when Bella comes back?" Emily asked her question a second time.

"That's if she comes back," Leah snided.

"Leah," we all reprimanded and she shrugged. "Just stating the worst," she said nonchalantly.

"Well then don't state it," I said to her.

"Well if Bella comes back as one of them then nothing, because she's the one who chose it. She informed us and because she informed us there was no breech. They asked us and we'll allow it only because it's her choice," I answered them and pushed my gasses back up onto my face and looked up at the sky.

"Just like that? Nothing else?" Emily asked.

"There is nothing else," I said to her and relaxed onto my towel again.

"True, but I wish that she knows how much it's going to affect us," Emily sighed.

"Why are we talking about this depressing subject? I haven't even seen Bella since the last time she came to Forks for a visit when I was younger." Rachel asked us aloud. "I have no idea, I was busy daydreaming." I replied and looked over at Rachel.

"About your honeymoon?" Emiy teased and my cheeks reddened visibly. "No," I replied a little too quickly. "Uh-huh," they all chorused not buying what was real.

"I swear, if I daydream it'll be mostly about my wedding that I will have when all this vampire mess is over," I said fiercely. "So there is going to be a wedding?" Leah asked.

"Since when has there hadn't been a wedding?" I asked propping myself on my elbow once again.

"I don't know," she said looking up at the sky and ignoring me completely. "You nark," I teased her.

"Why am I a nark?" She asked.

"Because you are annoying the hell out of me right about now," I smiled at her to show her I was joking. "Oh well it's on my todo list for the day, 'annoy Sammy,' check," she said and made a big check mark in the air.

"So how's Jake?" Emily asked me. Why are they all talking to me? Is there a sign on my head saying 'please talk to me I'm lonesome!' or something along those lines?

"Good?" But it came out all in a question.

"You not sure?" Rachel laughed.

"Well I mean he had his patrol last night, I barely saw him this morning when you guys dragged me out of the house, and I haven't seen him properly lately. You guys are always making me busy," I looked at my friends pointedly. "Well when you do see him, how is he?" Rachel asked instead.