Vamp hunt

So Jake and I started our patrol that night. We ran around the whole Rez but kept to our side of the treaty line.  

Hey, Sammy, you wanna have a race? Jake asked me.  

Your on, I said to him, we'll race from First Beach all the way to the line. I said making my way towards the beach. Fine by me, beauty. I just wanna run. I mentally rolled my eyes at him and I heard him laugh.  

We got to the beach and got into position. On your mark? Get set... GO! I shouted in my head.  

We then whipped through the Rez keeping to the forest so that we don't get caught. All I saw was a green blur whipping around me. I saw into Jake's thoughts and saw the forest whipping by him. It felt great to be in wolf form and to breathe in and out without getting tired. I felt the dirt underneath my paws, I smelled the greenery, I heard the sounds of the forest and of Jake's paws and of the sleeping people who we pass by.  

It's a shame that you can't beat me. I teased him. Not a chance sister. He said and kicked it up a notch. That's what I like to hear. I said and ran even faster I pushed myself to the limit. I felt him gain on me. See told ya I can beat ya. Jake said smugly. In your dreams. I said and kept on running. Sooner than I would've liked I came to the line.  

Beat ya! I thought smugly as I saw him glide to a stop where as I was already sitting. I let you win. Jake said sourly. Poor sport. I thought smugly. Yeah whatever, I demand a rematch. Jake said. You can demand all you want babe. But I won fair and square. I smiled my wolfy grin at him and he couldn't help but smile back. You know I can't stay mad at you. Jake thought all traces of anger gone from his thoughts and tone of voice. Just like I can't stay mad at you. I thought back and went forward hesitantly towards him.  

He walked towards me too and when we were close enough I laid my head onto his shoulder. I didn't notice until now on how big he's gotten. He might be taller then Sam. Would you rather me be short? Came his thoughts. I didn't mean it like that Jake I just haven't notice that you were so dang on tall. I said looking up into his wolf face. 

I nuzzled my face into his shoulder but I caught a whiff of something that had me breaking away from him completely and paw at my nose.  

Sam what's wrong? Jake asked bewildered by my behavior. Jake, something is burning my nose. I said shaking my head back and forth. Ugh, it stinks horribly. The smell is burning my nose! I shouted. Then stared howling. Jake started sniffing the air and when he found the scent he uttered one word that made my blood boil.  

Bloodsuckers. Come on Sammy let's go and catch us some bloodsuckers. He said with a growl at where the scent came from.  

We then went running. Jake was running in front of me running in the direction of the vampire stench. We were far into the forest away from any civilization. I was passing a tree when something pale white caught my eye.  

Jake! This way! I said and veered left. I jumped over a bush and fell to the ground on all fours and pushed myself with a burst of speed. Jake caught up behind me and I slowed down enough for him to pursuit it.  

The vamp was a red head the one that we've been trying to get but is always running away and dancing on the lines from our land and the Cullen's land. That red head needs to go! I thought vehemently. My thoughts exactly. Jake thought with the same amount of fury.

We were pursuing the leech. But she kept dancing in and around our land. We continued to follow her, nonetheless. She ran all the way down south towards Seattle, but we couldn't follow her anymore just for the fact that she ran her way out of our sight.