Chapter 1 The Past

(The original characters of this story are Stephanie Meyers character. Only Samantha Uley is mine. Just to let you know.)

Chapter 1 The Past

Samantha Pov-

As I was driving to La Push, the place where I was born, I was reminiscing the past. My head was leaned against the window, the music was cranked to background music, my hands were on the wheel, and the day was raining and cloudy as ever. As I was driving the memories came back to me with full force of course me being scattered brain at times the memories didn’t come in chronic logical order. They were of me when I was a kid then the next was me as a teenager back to when I was five and so on.

I remembered when I was a little girl I was friends with Jacob Black. But I moved when I was 14, not wanting to stay on the rez any longer, I hated that place. I’m pretty sure that everyone knew I hated living with my parents on the rez but they just didn’t know the extent of that hatred. The only ones who actually knew were the selective few – meaning my big brother, Sam Uley, and my bestest friend in the world, Jacob Black.

When I moved I knew I wasn’t going to have anywhere to go, but I found out where my father was and I lived with him for two years. Unfortunately, Josh, my father, and I never really were on the same page. We would fight constantly over every little stupid thing. May it be because we don’t have enough food in the fridge or over the bills, so deciding I had enough I moved out of his house when I just turned sixteen. But ever since mom died which happened not that long after I turned seventeen, I decided to move back to help my brother out.

He was always a momma’s boy – I on the other hand never really got close to her. Yeah I loved her and all but we weren’t close on anything, we would get in our little arguments and stuff of that nature but it wouldn’t be like how my dad and I were. I remembered thinking that maybe it was my moms fault for driving my dad away and that he was probably the nicer one of the two. Boy was I wrong, wrong, wrong! So here I am driving back to a place that I hate for my moms funeral and because my brother just might need me. Of course I’m not gonna like it but if it is for Sam then I would do anything.

As I was turning on the bend of the road in the sea of green I remembered when I first met Jake. I felt a smile coming on my face as that happy little memory sprung to the front of my mind. I was seven years old and was playing tag with Sam on First beach, a crescent looking beach that had more rocks than sand. I was running and thinking about how both mine and Sam’s names are alike. Not paying attention to what I was doing whatsoever I ran right into a boy of russet color. I fell backwards and scratched my hand on some of the pointed rocks, the pain wasn’t too bad and I picked myself up. My brother jogged over to me and tagged me but I waved him off looking at the boy who I ran into.

The boy I ran into was on the floor and had a frown on his face. I could tell he was about to yell at me but as soon as he whipped his head around it seemed like the anger disappeared and was replaced by a friendly smile.

 “Hey, are you ok?” He asked.

 “Yeah I’m ok. Are you ok?” I asked him to see if I gave him a bruise when we collided into each other.

“Well I’m not the one on the ground, you are.”