Running

JACOB BLACK'S P.O.V.

I knew I was hurting Sammy by running away like this. I could feel the hurt, the betrayal,, and the anger in her thoughts. But she has to know that I can't deal with the emotions that are waiting for me back in my human body.

I just kept on running north, not paying attention to what territory lines I'm in. All I gotta think about is just the simple necessities that wolves need on day to day bases. Like if I'm thirsty just find a lake or stream, if I'm hungry find a prey, if I'm tired lie down beneath a tree. Simple. Just like how I need it to be right now.

A couple of days into my little runaway journey I was doing fine. Ocassionally I'll slip and let my thoughts get in the way. Especially when Sammy is in her wolf form. Or when Seth, Embry, or Quil tell me that Bella called.

Can't they tell her to leave me alone? She's the reason I'm in this place and feeling like this when I'm supposed to be spending sometime with Sammy. My Sammy. The Sammy I'm supposed to be with and protect. Not the one that I'm supposed to be ignoring because I can't handle simple emotions.

sAMANTHA'S P.O.V.

"Sammy," I looked up inspite of myself when I heard my name being called.

"Yeah, Sam?" I asked my brother.

"You need to go and get him."

"He needs time to himself, so that he can heal over what Bella has done to him." I said and looked down.

Jake's been gone over a week, and I'm staying up on the cliff where we dive off of trying to hear or see him come. "He's not going to be able to get his head right without your help. Plus I don't like seeing my little sister hurting over her fiancée like this. Just go to him," Sam said. "You sure?"

"As sure as I can ever be." Sam said. I gave him a hug and felt like a little girl again. Sam was always there for me when I needed him most. People don't understand that he can be the best big brother ever when he want's to be.

"Now go and get him, Sammy. At least try to bring him before the wedding or I'll have to send Seth in his place." Sam said and pushed me back to arms lenghth. "You are okay with Bella icing over?"

"It was her choice, so they aren't really going to breech the treaty."

"Your right. But Jake is going to freak."

"He shouldn't. He has you."

"Sometimes I don't think that can be enough."

"It has to be, you two belong to each other."

"Alright, Sam. I'll see you in a little bit." I waved at him and headed off into the tree's stripping down and vibrating in my wolf form. I followed the pull that I always got when I need to find Jake. He was in his wolf form and he was sleeping. Good, I can think to myself while I'm the only one up and in my wolf form for the time being.

But I didn't need to think, I felt the land all around me. From the buzzing bugs flying around me to the dirt that was flying underneath my paws. It felt good to be in my wolf form, it felt natural. I pushed myself to the fastest extent of my ability.

I ran all day and as soon as nigh fall came I found a tree to sleep under.

I came out of my wolf form so that I could think to myself in private. When Jake woke up I kept my mind busy on other things or I didn't think at all just letting my mind be empty and only staring at the the empty trees in front of me.

As soon as I found a comfy spot for me to sleep the night in, I quickly phased and put my clothes back on and sat down beneath the tree. I found a spot where the roots made a semi circle underneath the tree. I layed down with my head resting on my arms and fell asleep quickly.