Par-teh!

A/N I realize that the beginning of this story when Sammy turns wolf it says she and the others gotta protect her from some vampires well just forget that. Pretend that it was them just practicing so that they know how to fight. Okay? Sorry but sometimes my head thinks ahead of my fingers.

____________________________________________________________________________

JACOB'S P.O.V.

Sam and I were getting ready to go to Bella's graduation party. Which means shorts and a tank top for Sam and a cut off jeans and an old ratty shirt for me. I saw Sam standing in front of the mirror in our bedroom. She was taking a deep breath and took of her ring. I went over there and stood behind her.

"Are you okay? We don't have to go if you don't want too." I said rubbing her shoulders. "Nah I'm fine just tired that's all." She said and gave a tired smile. "Alright, you look beautiful if I haven't mentioned it before." I said and laughed at her eye roll.  "You mentioned a few times." She said. I looked at her face and she was looking at my face. I saw that she was glowing and smiling real big and bright.

"Someone is happy." I commented. "I'm happy because I'm looking at your face." She said turning around and looked at me and not my reflection. "I knew it was because of me. What's not to love?" I joked and she shook her head. "I don't know how one person can be so conceited." She said and I kissed her lips. "Am I conceited now?" I asked when I pulled away. "Let me think about it... Yup." She said and before I could grab her she ducked out the way.

"Nice try, Jake." She said. "Oh yeah who said I gave up?" I asked and I heard her run towards the door. I bounded after her and just as I got to the door I saw her jump off the porch and start running towards the road. "You just gotta love her." I said to myself and ran out after her. "Try and catch me if you can Jake and no CHEATING!" She laughed. "Fine, no cheating!" I shouted back.

We then continued to race down the street. She started to slow down when she saw a car coming and a kid in the street. "Hey kid get out of the street!" She shouted at the kid. The kid looked up at her and I saw that it was a boy maybe three years old. His eyes widen as he noticed the car coming. But the car wasn't stopping it was just honking its horn.

I tried to run faster as I saw Sam dashed out in the middle of the street but she didn't have enough time to move out of the way. Instead she just covered the boy with her body and my heart dropped into my stomach when the car was trying to break but didn't come to a halt. I tried to run faster but I was still maybe twenty feet away. Then when it looked like the car was about to hit her it came to a stop and Sam carried the kid out of the street. The guy got out of the car and asked them if they were okay they nodded and he drove off. I finally reached Sam as she was taking the kid onto the side walk and talking to him.

"Don't you ever go play in the middle of the street. You understand me? That guy could've hit you." She said getting down to his level and holding him by the shoulders. "I sowy. Whea's my momma?" The little boy said and he started to cry.

"Samantha! Oh my God I thought I lost you." I said running up to her and hugging her tight. I pulled back and looked at her face and body. I touched her arms and made sure she didn't have any broken bones or anything. "I'm fine, Jake. Just help me with this kid. Please?" She asked. I nodded and we both got down to his level. "Where do you live?" I asked him and when he saw me he started to cry. "Okay, babe you got this one." I said and went behind her and bend down. "Hi, honey. My name's Sammy. What's yours?" She asked. "Tyler," he said sniffling. "Hi Tyler, do you want to see your momma?" She asked and he nodded. "Okay then, do you know where you live?" She asked again. "Wight thew," he said pointing behind her to a house that was right across from us. "Okay let's go get you to your mommy." Sam said and picked the kid up. She walked across the street with me standing behind her protectively.