A New House

An hour later the realtor is giving me the keys to my new house.

          “Here you go miss.” The realtor said, the realtor had brown eyes and brown hair and looked like he was at least 23. He was also looking at me with weird eyes and gave me a weird smile and somehow I noticed that it looked like Jake’s smile and the look he gave me when I stopped to go check up on him when we were in fifth grade. He winced when Sam shook his hand and I had wondered why.

          “Thank you, sir.” I said still wondering why he winced. The realtor gave me the smile again and I was now wondering why every guy I know does that to me now. That is ever since I came to La Push. I mean, Sam and I stopped at the store to grab a snack and while the cashier was checking out my stuff he did that same smile. We left as soon as I got the keys and gave him the money. When we got into the car Sam started laughing.

          “Why are you laughing?” I said looking at him as though he lost it.

          “I’m laughing at the way the realtor and the cashier looked at you.” Sam said now he was chuckling at me.

          “And how were they looking at me Sam?” I said challenging him. Although I was secretly relieved that it wasn’t just me that saw that.

          “They looked at you as if they were in love with you. Didn’t you see that yourself?”

          “I did, now everywhere I go guys look at me that way. You don’t know how annoying that is.” I said getting even more annoyed with saying it out loud.

          “I feel sorry for you.” He said chuckling at what I said.

          Twenty minutes later I was walking up the front porch to open up the front door to my new house. Sam was getting some of the heavier stuff out of the car. I had some stuff in my hand so I set the things down and wondered around.

          The house was small; there were three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a towel closet, and a small kitchen. The kitchen was probably big enough to fit a small table big enough for about four people. Luckily I have a small table thanks to the apartment I lived in I would be able to stay here and be quite comfortable. I looked in to the master bedroom there was a bathroom in there.

          “Where do you want to put the table?” Sam called. He brought it in here? When I moved the table out of the apartment I was breathless but he wasn’t even panting. I thought that was weird.

“Umm, you can just set it in the kitchen. I will be right there. I’m, um, just looking around.” I yelled out.

          I went out into the kitchen and he was just heading out the door. So I went and followed him to the car and grabbed some stuff that I could put in to the living room. I grabbed a light coffee table and Sam grabbed a dresser.

          “Did you, like, lift weights or something?” I asked because that dresser was heavy. I remember the employees having to get a helper and that didn’t help so much.

          “No, it just came to me after you left. I guess it is something that came with the growth spurt.” He replied not looking at me when he said it.

          “Huh.” I mumbled not really buying it.

          “Would you like the dresser in your room?”

          “Yes please, and thank you. Do you have any other friends that could help me out with all the heavy furniture? Because I don’t think I could do this all on my own, what with me just turning 17 and all.”