Shocker

Over the course of weeks Rachel and I have been able to get closer and closer then we have ever done before. Jake and I have been working on our relationship and been on much more dates, to which I am happy about. Paul and Jake were able to become even more brother like, seeing as how they are going to be brothers-in-law pretty soon. Things have never looked better since Rachel had come and for this I was greatful

So you can feel my pain when my dad gave me a call one morning out of the blue.

"Ugh, the phones ringing," I replied and got up from the kitchen table to go and answer it. Jake and I were eating our breakfast and I was a bit peeved at whoever would call at a time like this.

"If it's your sister I'm going to go and kill her," I mumbled and Jake's laugh rumbled out.

"I'll hold Paul back for you," he joked and I smiled grimly.

"Hello?" I asked once I picked up the phone.

"Sammy? Is this my little girl?" I heard a deep males weak voice ask and I immediately growled.

"Who's this?" I asked rudely.

"Your father of course," he said with forced lightness yet it sounded weak and tired.

"As far as I'm concerned my father is dead to me," my voice was void of any and all emotions.

"Don't be like that. I was teaching you a lesson."

I  snorted once I heard this and Jake immediately came beside  me. "What's wrong?" He asked and the person whom I'm supposed to call my father asked.

"Is that a guy in the background? Where are you?"

"Relax, it's my boyfriend, he's over my house. Not that you would care anyways, now what could you possibly want to talk about right now?" I asked.

"Where you living now?" He asked avoiding my question.

"Home, why?"

"Where's home, for you?"

"What do you want?"

"Answer my question," his voice was getting louder yet still sounding weak as was mine was just getting loud. He is not going to play games with me. Last time I gave him my address because he wanted to "talk" I got a shipment full of some weird things and had to call the guy who helped bring me into this world to come and get them.

"No you answer my question, Joshua," I said using his name. "When you talk to me you'll call me as your father, you'll respect me as your father," he said instantly. "You were no father of mine, never had cared and never will. I don't want anything to do with you so tell me what is it that you want?" I asked. "If you don't answer my question I will hang up, I have had no problem not talking to you since I was a child and even after I had come to you help me. Even if you didn't help me," I said in and afterthought.

After a while he answered. "I'm dieing and I want to reconnect with my kids." My eyes opened wide as my mouth dropped low. "Sam! What is it?" Jake asked taking my shoulders and shaking them hard. My head just rattled in silence and my grip on the phone slackened.

Is it me, or is the walls litterally spinning on their own accord? "Sam?" I heard Jake again but his voice sounded distant like he was trying to call me through an empty tunnel. His voice was echoed around me. I closed my eyes but what was just said was running through my mind. I'm dying. I'm dying. I'm dying. Like a broken record it kept saying it again and again. Suddenly the phone fell to the floor out of my grip and I slumped to the floor shaking my head back and forth while repeating, "No," over and over again.