Schools out

Before I finally knew it it was time for us to finish our junior year on the rez. I was excited and kinda scared.

"Sam, babe, wake up," I heard a voice say as I was waking up. "Hmm..." I murmered. "Time for you to wake up and time for us to get this day over with. Todays our last day and in two days its Bella's graduation." I heard that voice say again.

I opened my eyes and saw a pair of warm brown eyes staring back at me. "Morning," the eyes said with a smile shining in them. "Morning," I said back. The eyes moved back some and I was able to stare into the face that the eyes belong too.

"Come on, Sam, you have to get ready for our last day of school." Jake said to me. "Right," I said and with a big ole stretch and a yawn I got out of bed. "Better?" I asked. "Much," Jake replied with an exaggerated eye roll.

I got up from the bed and went into the closet to grab some capris and a shirt. Now that it is summer I can wear these things without people giving me a "is-she-crazy!" looks. I brushed my short hair, I had to cut it now that its getting towards summer. When I was finally done brushing my teeth and putting on deoderant I bounded out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I grabbed a granola bar out of the pantry and grabbed a cup of orange juice. When I was done with those things Jake came into the kitchen and took a seat at the table.

"I can't wait for it to be summer, no more getting up early for things like that. I just wish my job was like that." I sighed, I went to go sit on the chair opposite of Jake. "As soon as I get a job you won't have to worry about getting ready to go to work. Because I'll be the one working." Jake said with an easy smile on his face. "Are you sure? The work around here isn't in your interest." I said to him. He snorted, "Yeah like working in a grocery shop is your dream? I know you Sam, if you could I bet you would have been a cook." I looked away, he got me there.

It's always been my dream to be a cheif at a famous resturaunt. But seeing as how we are in Forks, Washington there isn't much famous resturaunts here. "See?" Jake said gently I looked up at him and saw a friend trying to help another friend see a point. "Your right Jake, but what else is there. We have to have money to pay for this and right now I'm the only one. Your the second in command in the pack. You have to be available 24/7 incase Sam needs you. You can't get a job if your always gone." I said to him.

"I'm not always gone." He retorted at me. "Jake I'm not naive. In the middle of the night I know you are on wolf duty with Sam. And in some of the classes I don't have with you I know you leave that class only to be back in time for your next classes with me. If you can't be here during school, what makes you think you'll be here for your job?" I asked gently trying to make the words I'm saying sound less harsh. "Your important to the pack too. Your Sam's sister. The leaders little sister, if I wasn't here I bet you, you would've been the second in command." He said back.

"Well you are so there's nothing more to it." I said then got up and headed towards the door. "I know, but I'm still going to look for work." Jake said. "Fine, but that's later schools now. So let's get this over with." I muttered and I was just at the door when Jake's arm grabbed me around the waist and spun me around to face him. "Don't be upset, I'm only trying to help." He said with a sense of guiltiness in his eyes. "I'm not mad at you," I touched his cheek gently, "I can never be mad at you. That would be impossible." I smiled at him. "Good, because I can never be mad at you too." He said and kissed me gently on the lips. I pulled back and looked him in the eyes. "Let's go," I said to him and smiled. "Hopefully the day passes by real fast," Jake complained.

Jake's wish sort of got granted. The first half of the school day went by real fast and thankfully lunch took its time. Jared, Quil, Embry, Seth, Jake, and I got our lunch and went to sit at our table beside the window.