Chapter 45

As soon as Angela leaves, I call Jace. The dial tone rings twice before it goes to voice mail. Did he really just ignore my call? I'm about to leave him a message when Jace's bedroom door flies open. I jump in suprise, but relax when I see it's Jace. He walks into the room with a big smirk on his face, but when he sees I'm no longer handcuffed to the bed he almost looks scared, as he should be.

"Baby, I-" he starts to say, but I cut him off.

"Don't 'baby' me, Jace, I am mad at you," I tell him getting off the bed and marching over to him.

He runs a hand through his already messy hair as if trying to decide what to do with me. It would be almost comical if I wasn't so angry. I wait for him to say something, but when he doesn't I push past him, heading for the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" he asks, moving to block the door way, causing me to run into him. He puts his hands on my shoulders to steady me, and I quickly move out of his grasp not wanting his help or him touching me.

"Home," I respond curtly.

"Why?" he asks sounding panicked.

My voice softens. "To get ready for tonight."

He starts to protest but stops when I shoot him a glare.

I can feel my anger rising back up as I say, "I have to look my best before I get wasted."

Fire burns behind his eyes at my words, but his voice is soft and pleading when he says, "Please don't get drunk."

I hesitate at his words, and he takes advantage of it and reaches out to cup my face. I want to push him away and yell at him some more, but I only sigh and lean into his touch; I hate fighting with him. "Jace, you can't do stuff like that just because you disagree with me."

"I know, and I'm sorry, but if it's any constellation I was coming here to uncuff you," he defends.

A part of me knows he's telling the truth. "Okay, fine. I forgive you. I forgive you for being an asshole."

He smiles at my words and brings me close. Leaning down, he puts his mouth to my ear. "You have to admit it was really hot," he whispers.

"Don't push it," I grumble against his chest.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again... unless you ask of course."

I laugh and push against his chest playfully. "Whatever, I have to go."

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back for a quick kiss before releasing me. I melt into his arms, but he pulls away much too quickly.

He walks me to the elevators and says, "My driver is down there waiting. I'll see you tomorrow and make sure you text me when you're leaving and when you get home. Safely," he adds.

"Yes, sir," I say with false sweetness. I smile when he narrows his eyes, but take a cautious step back when he advances toward me. Luckily the doors close in his face before he can get to me.
---------------
I get ready with plenty of time to spare, so I work on some of my homework in the mean time.

It's eight o'clock before I know it, and I'm rushing outside in the freezing weather to call a cab.

My phone vibrates as I get in the taxi; Jace flashes across the screen.

Jace: Have fun tonight ;)

I grin broadly. Did Jace just send me a winky face? I'm about to send back a cheesy remark about his emoji when my phone vibrates again.

Jace: But not too much fun.

At this I roll my eyes, but my smile has gotten bigger.

Me: Why not? I like having fun...

I add the little beer and wine emoji and click send.

His doesn't reply for a few minutes, and just when I think he's not going to at all, my phone vibrates once again.

Jace: Because I'm selfish.

What does he mean by that? Does he only want me to have fun with him? I'm both confused and a little upset by his words. I don't know what to say back to that, so I tuck my phone away and try and not think of him the rest of the way there.

The bar I'm at isn't very busy for a Friday night, and it's probably because of the poor service and the
lack of a bathroom. My friends and I only come for one reason: cheap alcohol, and since I'm not going to be drinking that much, this place just lost its one redeeming quality.

When I walk in, I instantly spot Angela and her boyfriend along with Meghan, Christen, and two boys I recognize but have never actually met.

I see each of them already has a drink placed in front of them, and they seem to have pushed two tables together to make room for all of us.

Angela waves her hand, trying to get my attention, like I didn't see them or something; this place is practically empty. I make my way over to them, and I'm greeted with a chorus of "hi's." My eyes linger on the two guys as I sit down and Meghan speaks up. "This is Max," she says, pointing to the one with short blond hair. I return his smile and introduce myself.

Then I watch as Meghan's face lights up as she introduces the boy sitting next to her. "And this is Luke." He smiles at her, showing off his dimples before looking at me. Are they dating?

Angela meets my gaze from across the table and gives me a subtle nod.

"I'm going to get a drink," I announce.

"Can you get me another beer?" Hunter asks.

"Yeah," I tell him and make my way to the front of the bar.

"Can I get two beers?" I yell at one of the bartenders retreating back. I hear him grunt before he grabs two beers and places them on the table in front of me.

"Thanks," I mumble sarcastically.

I slide Hunter his beer across the table, and he smiles. "You're the best, Jasmine."

"I know," I tell arrogantly.

An hour later, everyone besides me has had the fair share of drinks, but I'm just now realizing how fun it can be to be the sober one. Christen just confessed she had sex in a janitors closet during one of her sister's dance recitals, and then one by one they all say the weirdest place they have had sex. Everyone laughs when Hunter's and Angela's stories are exactly the same.

Still laughing, Angela asks, "What about you, Jasmine?"

I shift in my seat uncomfortably as everyone leans in to hear what I say. When I don't say anything, Angela say, "Was it with that guy, Jace? From what I saw today, he seems to be into the kinky shit." I blush in embarrassment and silently pray Angela doesn't tell them how I had to have her come to Jace's apartment to uncuff me.

"No, the craziest place I have had sex was not with him," I say quickly, but my mind goes to when we had sex in his hotub or the time we did it thousands of feet up in the air.

"Was it with Tobias?" Christen asks, and I can't help but get mad at her for bringing up Tobias, but in her defense I never told her why we broke up or how serious we were.

My mind goes back to the day when we were at church with his parents, and I said I had to go to the bathroom, but instead of leading me to bathroom, we ended up in this extra room in the church, and we did it right there on the floor.

"Yeah, the craziest place I have had sex was probably with Tobias," I tell them, taking a swig of my beer, and I choke on it when I see Jace standing a couple feet away with his fingers clenched and his jaw ticking, telling me he heard every word I just said.
----------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Comment and vote and I'll update soon!

P.S. Do you guys like my new story cover or do you think I should go back to the one I had before?