Chapter 5

After sleeping the day away on Saturday to try and coax my horrible hangover, Sunday rolled by quickly. I had to finish writing my end of the chapter paper for my business marketing class. Ten fucking pages. It was write, eat, coffee, write, eat, coffee, for five hours straight. I planned on finishing it on Friday, but with going to club, and a huge hangover on Saturday, I didn't have time.

It's now Monday, and I'm rushing across campus to try and get to class on time. It's my hardest class this semester, and I don't want to be late. I swing open the door with a minute to spare.

    I sit in my seat near the middle of the classroom, which happens to be right in front of Asher's desk. This is why this is my worst class, he's always distracting me by either asking me out or what we're supposed to be doing because he never pays attention. It's like high school all over again.

    "Hey, Jasmine," Asher says as soon as sit down.

    "Hi, Asher." I try and say politely, but failing.

    "So, what are you doing Friday?"

    "I'm busy." I tell him even though I have nothing going on.

    He frowns, "Don't lie."

    "I'm not," I say quickly.

    "What are you doing than?"

    I scramble for a reply when the Professor walks in. I smile and mouth teacher. He narrows his eyes, but doesn't say anything. My smile gets bigger as I turn around in my desk and focus my attention on the professor.

    "Hello everyone," he greets us. He gets a few 'hi's' in response. "You all need to email me your paper at the end of class if you have not already done so." After a short pause he continues,"Today we are going to watch a video about marketing strategies." I inwardly groan. His videos are the worst.

He dims the lights, and turns on the projector. An image of the words "Marketing Strategy" instantly pop up on the board. I slouch down in my chair, and try and keep my eyes open.

    When a man in a suit appears on the board talking about sales, it instantly reminds me of Jace. I can still remember the feeling of his lips against mine, and my hands in his hair. I can remember the way he smelled and his mysterious tattoo on his hand. Who is this guy?

    I'm taken out of my thoughts of Jace, when Asher taps me on the shoulder.

    "What?" I whisper.

    He leans forward in his chair. "Go on a date with me."

    "I can't."

    "Come on."

    "I said no." I say trying to keep my voice down.

    "Why not?"

    I sit up straighter in my desk. "Because I'm trying to pay attention."

    He scoffs quietly, "You and me both know this video is boring as hell, so cut the act."

My voice slowly gets louder as I say, "Well, I don't think-"

"No talking, Ms. Adams," says the profesor.

Everyone in the classroom turns their head in my direction. I slouch in my chair embarrassed, and direct my gaze back on the video.

A couple minutes later Asher taps my shoulder again. I pretend I don't feel it and ignore him. When I don't say anything he taps my shoulder again... and again.

"Stop tapping my shoulder," I tell Asher exasperated. What are we in? The second grade?

He does it again.

"I said sto-"

I'm cut off by the professor again, "Mrs. Adams. Do we need to talk after class?" I shake my head. "Then I suggest you stop talking and pay attention." I return my attention back on the boring video.

When he taps my shoulder again, I almost lose it.

I turn my head over my shoulder and whisper, "What do you want?"

He leans forward. "Go on a date with me," he states.

"If I say yes will you leave me alone?"

"Yes," he says with a small smirk on his face.

"Then yes."

"I'll pick you up on Friday at eight. I'll give you my number after class." After a slight pause he continues, "I can't wait for Friday. Wear something sexy, okay?"

I grit my teeth. I cannot believe I just agreed to go on a date with him.

---------
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry I didn't update my computer broke and I couldn't get it fixed until today. What did you think of chapter 5? Plz vote and comment. I won't be able to update until Monday or Tuesday, I'll be out of town for Thanksgiving! Happy late Thanksgiving by the way!