Chapter 10

The week flies by with work, school, and many failed attempts of getting a roommate. I put up a sign on my apartment door and a bunch around campus on the bulletin boards. The one on my apartment door disappeared within twenty-four hours. One minute it was hanging up big and proud and the next it's gone; nowhere to be found. The ones hanging up on the school bulletin boards weren't much better. I put my cell phone number so people could contact me if they were interested, but the only calls I got where from idiotic college students who still think prank calling is just fucking hilarious. After two days I took down those flyers myself. I then called Angela and my other friends to ask around if any one needed a roommate. They said they would but so far nothing.

Another thing that I strangely don't like is Asher has been very quiet lately. He only brought up are date once, and that was just so he knew what time he should pick me up and the type of food that I like. I told him I eat anything that's edible. He started laughing but it's true; food is food. Other than that the only words he's said is hello at the beginning of class. I thought him being very talkative and cocky was bad, but I'm starting to think his whole "quite" thing is worse. I hope he's back to his usual annoying usual cocky self by tonight for are "date". I also hope after tonight he will finally see that I don't like him like that.

It's a little after six and Asher said he would be here at seven. I just got done with work for the day so I need to change out of my casual work clothes and into something a little nicer. When I get to my closet I realize I have no idea what to wear. Jeans and t-shirt seem to casual and I would normally wear a dress but I don't want to give him the wrong impression. After sifting through my closet for a good ten minutes I decide on a flowy skirt that goes to my knees with black, lace leggings underneath and a cute top to go with it.

    I curl my usually beach wavy hair into more tighter curls and get comfortable on the couch to watch Friends to pass the time until Asher gets here.
----------------------------------

    I hear a knock at the door a little before seven. I reluctantly get up from my comfortable position on the couch and grab my purse off my kitchen counter before swinging open the door. I come face to face with Asher who is wearing kaki pants and blue flannel shirt. He has a little smirk on his face, which makes me think he's back to his old self.

    "Hi, Asher,"" I greet him.

    "Hello, Jasmine, you look very hot." His eyes scan up and down my body, and I roll my eyes. It's sexy when Jace does it, but when Asher does it it just annoys me.

    "Let's just get this over with."

    "After you," he tells me with an exaggerated gesture of him arm telling me to go first.

    I walk past him and we both make the short journey down the two flights of stairs.

    "Where is your car parked?" I ask him as we make are way past the lobbyish area.

    "It's just outside to the left."

    I spot his red jeep parked illegally on the side of the road. I don't say anything though because one he probably wouldn't listen if I told him he can't park there and the other reason is it's freezing outside and I'm grateful his car is so close.

    I'm surprised when he opens my door for me and doesn't smirk or say anything stupid. He turns up the heat and turns the radio all the way down. "So.. I was thinking we could go to this little place nearby. It's kind of run down but I promise the food there is the best. They have great Italian food and probably the best chicken alfredo you will ever eat. What do you say? Do you wanna go there or we could someplace else? I also no about this other restaurant-"