Chapter 13

I wake up at seven in the morning to my alarm clock. I groan and burry my head in the pillow. It keeps ringing. Uggg. I flip over and click my alarm off and snuggle back into my blankets, inhaling the amazing scent of my fabric softner. What the heck? I don't just smell my softner, I smell food. And is smells good. Waffles, maybe?

I sit up quickly. Why the hell does it smell like food in here? I'm the only one who lives here and I can't cook worth a shit.

Jace. For some reason I thought he would have left by now even though it's only seven in the morning.

I get out of bed before throwing my hair up into a messy bun and make my way out the door. The sight in front of me stops me in my tracks.

It's Jace, and he's only wearing his white dress shirt and a pair of Calvin Klein underwear. They hug his thighs perfectly and does wonders to his ass. His hair is perfectly messy and he's bent over the stove, spatula in hand, flipping over pancakes. I must have made a noise because he turns around and a smile spreads over his face as he eyes my boxer shorts and t-shirt.

I stand there, still drooling about how sexy he looks in just boxers and a shirt, when his eyes meet mine. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like, I'm making waffles." He smirks knowing full well that's not what I'm talking about.

"Yeah I know, but why are you..." I trail off and wave my hand at his lack of clothing.

He tilts his head to the side, "What, you didn't think I was going to sleep in a suit and tie did you?"

I narrow my eyes at him and make my way over to the bar stool to sit down. "What?" I ask him as he continues to eye me. "Don't stop on my account," I tell him. I rest my head in my hands and take full advantage of watching him cook with only a shirt and boxers on.

He goes back to cooking and I watch how his arms and back flex as he flips over the pancakes to the other side. Damn. I never thought cooking could be hot, but watching Jace do it starts to make cooking my knew favorite thing.

A few minutes later he turns off the stove and transfers two pancaked onto each plate. "Do you want whipped cream too or just syrup?" he asks me. I tell him only syrup and he drizzles some over both of ours, but adds a whopping heap of whipped cream onto his.

"Where are your forks?" he asks.

"Far left," I tell him.

He pulls out two forks and saunters around the table and brushes up against me to place my plate in front of me. He sits on the stool directly beside me and starts to eat.

I take a bite and moan quietly. It's amazing, he's a great cook. "Good?" Jace asks trying to hide a smile.

I nod and take another bite. We both finish in minutes and I reach for his empty plate to put it in the sink. He grabs my hand to stop me. "I've got it," he tells me.

"No. You cooked, so I'll clean." He gives in and lets go of my hand so I can take his plate. I walk around the counter with both of our plates in my hands and I hear the chair squeak as he gets off of it and comes around the counter with me to the sink.

    All the while I'm washing off the plates, I can feel Jace's gaze burning into my back. I shift uncomfortably under his stare and place both of the plates in the sink when I feel strong hands grip my hips and he nuzzles my neck. I tense as his lips come to my ear and whispers, "You know, Jasmine, I love your shirt and these little shorts," he says as one hand moves down my waist and onto my bare thigh. "I like how I can see every inch of your long legs, but," he says squeezing my thigh, "But I'd much rather see you in my t-shirt, waking up in my bed, the morning after I've fucked you."

    I gasp at his words and he turns me to face him. With my back against the counter, he cages me in with his arms on either side of my hips. His head goes to my neck and he begins to gently suck and kiss his way up down my neck and onto my collar bone. My hands find their way to his unruly hair and keep his head firmly against my neck. "Do. You. Want. That?" he asks in between kisses. I groan loudly and tug at his hair. He seems to like when I do that because he groans against my neck. "Because I want that." When he rocks his hips against mine I can feel just how much he wants that.

    When my hands wrap around his muscular back and pull him closer to me, I notice what time on the clock behind him. Shit. It's 7:30 and I haven't even showered yet.

    "Shit, I'm going to be late for work." I push against him to let me go and he does. He watches me with crossed arms as I scramble around the apartment with an amused grin on his face. The bastard thinks this is funny.

    I go into the bathroom and take a quick shower before throwing on little makeup and letting my hair hang wet. I put on a pair of jeans and a crew neck before heading out to the living room to find Jace sprawled out on the couch. To my disappointment he's fully dressed again. "Do you need a ride? I can drop you off," he asks trying to hide his amusement, but failing.

    I narrow my eyes, but say sweetly," Yes, I would love a ride. Now lets go before I'm late."

    He nods and gets off the couch and walks toward me and eyes my wet hair. "You're not going to dry your hair?"

    "No. I don't have time; I'll be late for work."

    "But it's freezing out, you could get sick."

    "I'll be fine, Jace. Let's go," I say tugging on his arm. His eyes narrow, but he decides to drop it; I pull him out the door. We make our way down the stairs and out the front door when Jace's hand wraps around my waist and pulls me into his warm side as we make our way through the freezing cold. The snow plows have already made it's way through the streets; the ground is a little icy, but at least it's not covered in a foot of snow.

    I recognize his black car as he opens the passenger door for me, and I scramble in to get away from the cold. He cranks up the heater, but keeps the radio off as we make our way to the bookstore.

We're almost there when he asks, "Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Umm.. no," I tell him while trying to read the expression on his face, but he gives nothing away as he stares straight ahead.

"Well now you are. You're going out with me tonight. You promised."

What? I never promised shit. "What? No I didn't."

He glances over at me with a smirk. "Too bad for you, you're still going out with me." He cuts off my protest and says, "Where do you want to eat?"

When I don't answer he says, "It will be a surprise then." We arrive at my work before I can argue back and he pulls up right in front of the doors.

"Thanks for the ride," I tell him and open my door.

I step outside, and I hear the window roll down and Jace yell, "Be ready at seven, I'll pick you up then. Don't be late," he warns.
-------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Did you guys like chapter 12, please comment and vote if you did! I will be updating again on Monday, and thank you so much for 1k reads!