Chapter 32

"Jace. Jace wait," I yell, pushing my way clumsily through the crowd.

I call after him again, but either he doesn't hear me or he is choosing to ignore me. I'm guessing the latter.

"Jace, stop," I yell again. I see him take a sharp left, so he must be going upstairs.

I follow behind, using the railing for support as I climb the stairs. Once I get to the top of the stairs, I crane my neck left and right but it's useless, I can't see anything. I choose a direction at random and make my way through the hallway. I walk faster, almost at a jog, and it takes every ounce of concentration to stay upright. I'm so busy placing one foot in front of the other that I almost miss Jace.

I push someone out of my way and I hear them yelling something at me, but I don't hear what they say. "Sorry," I mutter, and keep going.

I see Jace get stuck behind a crowd of people who are doing body shots off eachother on a table. Here's my chance. I run forward, stumbiling over my feet, but I somehow manage to stay upright. I grab Jace's wrist weakly and tug on his arm. "Jace, I-" I start to say, but Jace turns on me suddenly.

He rips his arm out of my grasp. "What do you want, Jasmine? What could you possibly have to tell me?" he yells. His body radiates anger, but his eyes tell me a different story. He looks betrayed and hurt; I need to fix this.

"We neeed to talk," I slur.

"Talk about what? Talk about how you can't keep your hands to yourself for one day?" he asks, scoffing.

My chest burns at his words. "Jace, please," I say looking sideways at our audience. People around us have started staring, and I don't really want to fight with him in front of twenty strangers.

Jace notices too, and sighs before roughly grabbing my wrist. He all but drags me away, and I pull against his grip. "Jace, slow down. I-I'm gonna fall," I stutter.

He ignores my words and pulls me to a secluded hallway. Letting go of me, my head spins, and I lean against the wall for support. It's like my mind has sobered up, but my body is not cooperating.

"Talk," he demands, running a hand through his messy hair.

Once he tells me to talk I realize I have no idea what to say, and I sure as hell don't know how to fix this. "What are you doing here?" Is the only thing I can think of to ask. How did he find me here?

He comes at me suddenly, his hands slapping against the wall on either side of my head, caging me in. I flinch. "Did you really just ask what I'm doing here after I just saw you sticking your tongue down some guy's throat?" he roars.

"It wasn't like that. I-."

"It wasn't like that? Then please, tell me what it was like, Jasmine, enlighten me. Tell me what is was like sucking tongues with someone else while I have been calling you non stop since yesterday, ready to get down on my knees just for you to accept my apology. Tell. Me. What. It. Was. Like," he says in between clenched teeth.

I can feel the tears running down my cheeks as I say, "I'm sorry, Jace. I'm so sorry."

His eyes flickers down to my wet face. "No. No you do not get to cry," he says pushing away from the wall.

I wipe at my tears as he paces in front of me. I feel like I'm about to throw up, and not because of the alcohol.

He stops suddenly and turns to face me, his entire body strained. "Why did you do it? Why did you kiss him?" he asks, his voice extremely calm even though deep inside I know he wants to punch a whole through the wall.