Amongst Us

Neron's p.o.v

After the alpha told us what happened we all feared for our future Luna, both Ekon and myself could see how troubled angelica was and even though we didn't know her story we could tell at how much it hurt the alpha to have her reject him because she felt betrayed, we were going to bring her home and that was a promise.

We'd been going between the packs borders for a week and Cadmen had caught up with us a few days ago to help find angelica the more help the better I thought, there wasn't any trace of her though we sat for a bit trying to get a bit of a rest when Cadmen jumped up.

" i think we've got this wrong, I think I might have a clue to where she may be"

I was confused he's only thinking this now.

"and where might that be and why are you just thinking about it now?"

"angelica and I weren't exactly on speaking terms and haven't been for two years now, but my mum used to take her out to this clearing about ten mile out from our borders, there was this waterfall with a crystal lake, I know she liked it there."

"ok lead the way then"

We were getting close and we could smell her scent but there was another few scents along with hers Cadmen said one was his dads while the other few I'm pretty sure belonged to the rogues that had been scoping out our borders, the whole situation screamed proceed with caution.

Angelica's p.o.v

I've been sitting here for a week now, I had to go back I had to tell them, not only that my wolf was pissed at me for rejecting our mate and she told me if I lost him because of it then she'd never talk to me again. I was too lost in my thoughts that I forgot about the dangers...

"well well well, if it isn't my darling daughter"

"what are you doing here, why did you come back I kept my promise why didn't you keep yours?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok, didn't you see how badly they treated you, they seen you as nothing but dirt and you still protect them, even that good for nothing brother of yours"

"you leave Cadmen out of this you worthless piece of shit, they are my family no matter how they treat me, they don't trust me so what we all know they put there trust in the wrong people"

"wow harsh words there angelica still a little lap dog aren't you too loyal if you ask me"

"good thing I'm not asking"

I was angry and so was my wolf but we couldn't shift i was too exhausted, I knew it was going to be bad especially when someone else came out laughing...

"who are you" I spat

"me I'm Jackson, it's a pleasure to meet you angelica or should I say my future mate?"

" your not my mate and you never will be"

"we'll see about that sweet heart, you won't have a choice once I take your current mate from you"

"you leave him out of this rogue"

"oh so feisty, you never told me your daughter was beautiful and feisty Conna"

"yeah well don't be thinking you'll be putting your grubby mitts on her anytime soon, I want my revenge first, she killed my mate and stopped me from my ultimate goal of taking alpha Lowell down"

He shifted, he was angry I knew it I was done for, he striked me I went flying and then next thing I know Cadmen's wolf was standing over me in a protective stance, I noticed a few other wolves I didnt recognise with him one took a sweep at Jackson but he only just got him and then Jackson took off, they stayed though. I was weaker and in and out of consciousness but one minute Cadmen was there and the next he had my dad pinned ripping into his throat, he was savagely ripping his throat out and then it was silent, he killed him to protect me. Did he hear us when we were talking? How didn't anybody pick up we weren't alone though I couldn't keep up I blacked out.