Amongst Us - chapter 3

Angelica's p.o.v

Why would he ask me now, what's changed? He still hates me. Why couldn't he ask me then, when it happened. When I needed him the most and all he could say was I that I was dead to him before he left me alone, to deal with everything all by myself, I needed him dammit why couldn't he see that? He didn't care that I had no one so why now? All I could do was think, I can't do it on my own anymore I need someone, I can't talk to alpha Lowell I know I can't because he'll want the whole truth, he'll fight for the whole truth and I'm not ready for everyone to know yet. I can't risk letting out what really happened, I needed something to convince them. They would never believe what I tell them without the proof. I don't blame them for hating me, I know in there eyes what I did was wrong, but when I find what I need to prove it, they will see why I did it I just hope I find it and until then I need someone... Maybe my mate, could I trust him with my biggest secret? Would he tell the alpha? I had to do something though he was right I was lonely, I'll decide after I go to him if I can tell him or not... I found him with a few wolves I didn't recognise, obviously not from this pack, he sensed that I was there because he looked up and his gaze caught mine straight away and he smiled, I felt myself smile too, it was different I felt like I hadn't smiled in forever and it was so natural with him the electricity that buzzed when he was around it was unreal I made my way over to him...

"hey"

"well, if it isn't my feisty ass mate" he smirked

"yeah well... I didn't catch your name before" I shrugged

"is that the only reason? Or you just couldn't keep away"

"well I can go...

"no don't... My name's Duke Connell alpha of the black moon pack, this is my beta Neron Spark my theta Ekon and his mate Serafina"

"nice to meet you all, I'm Angelica Bronx" I smiled

"pleasures all ours Angelica, alpha Connell was just talking about you" serafina stated

"oh really, well this I gotta hear" I laughed

"I was just telling them about seeing your wolf today, it's bigger than most I've seen"

" it's probably because my mother has alpha blood and my father was beta" I mumbled

I hated talking about them but somehow it was easy with him.

"oh wow that's cool, so alpha Connell tells us that your the fastest in your pack" Neron challenged

"would you care to find out?" I asked

I noticed he looked at Duke who smirked but I still wasn't sure if my wolf would be ok I think she would be.

"careful Neron you wouldn't want to get beat by a girl would you" serafina teased

" in more ways then one too, her brother was telling me she would be doing perimeters if it weren't for the incident, so she can fight to eh?" Ekon stated

Cadmen never talked about me, did he? That was a revelation yeah I could fight but I haven't trained properly, that's why I'm not in the front line checking perimeters and the fact the pack don't trust me.

" I won't fight, it's dangerous and accidents happen, however if you still want that race Neron just tell me when and where" I smirked

"hmm no racing tonight, I want to get to know my mate better, you can all go and do your own thing."

He grabbed my hand and walked us towards the pack building the tingles that shot through my hand was unreal, he stopped suddenly.

"so what changed?" he asked