Amongst Us - Chapter 4

One Week Later

Duke's p.o.v

I didn't know what to do, she rejected me, she thought I betrayed her, my wolf wanted to go after her but I knew it wouldn't have done any good. I left for home the next day alpha Lowell and I decided to correspond over the phone, I couldn't stay there, I wanted my mate back, Cadmen asked me what I knew but I couldn't tell them it wasn't my story to tell. I had neron and ekon take a few of my pack out past my borders in between here and angelica's packs borders to see if they could pick up on her scent I wasn't giving up.

Alpha Lowell's p.o.v

When Cadmen told me what happened, I couldn't help but think angelica took off because her dad was near, Conna was my beta before Cadmen took over when he disappeared and the one thought that keeps creeping into my mind was that I was wrong that angelica took the bolt because Conna knew the truth and she was going to be outed. I was worried for her though out there alone already for a week and the rogues hanging around I was scared for her. Cadmen had met up with alpha Connells beta and theta when he found them doing patrols between the border looking for angelica, it was a first time in a while I had seen him worried for her I remember the conversation I had with him when they came back from the forest.

FLASHBACK:

"alpha, angelica's gone, I screwed it up and she took off"

"wait what happened?"

"she went down to the forest when she left here me and alpha Connell followed her and when I got down there, his scent hit me, it was dad....

"wait your dad was the rogue hanging around?"

"yeah, I asked her but i kind of flipped out told her that her time was up that she had to tell me what happened, but she looked lost and I kept pushing and then alpha Connell told her that maybe she should tell us what happened, she was upset told him she thought he was different that maybe she could have trusted him and that she learnt from this she couldnt. Then she rejected him and took off"

"he didn't go after her?"

"nah he thought she'd come back that he didn't want to go after her and make things worse he didn't realise by saying what he said had broke her trust"

"so she told him why she did it?"

"yeah but he won't tell us, he said that he's already said too much and that's why she thought he was betraying her and so he isn't going to say anything more to break it completely, he says it's her story to tell and he shouldn't have opened his mouth in the first place."

"ok well I guess we just hope she comes back then"

END FLASHBACK

Somehow I don't think she is coming back willingly, now I was aware that Conna was hanging around I had a few of my pack members doing more border checks to try and find him.