Shall we?

The week was slow. Not much happened at school, except the place was less happy. We hadn't seen Napstablook much because whenever we were there he was asleep, or getting tests done. It was Friday when things finally got interesting. Mettaton still wasn't at school, I couldn't blame him. If anything happened to Sans, anything like what happened to Dad, I'd be too heartbroken to leave the house. Despite all the commotion, my plans with Undyne still stood, though I'd have to have Sans take me. I was walking home from school. It was grey, dark, and gloomy out. I continued my walk. I was usually bound full of excitement this time of year. This was the beginning of almost a month off school. However, it'd be so much happier if Napstablook wasn't in a hospital. No matter how much we cheered him up, Mettaton always felt sad deep down. There was nothing we could do to change that. I sighed and continued walking. The ambiance outside matched how we were all feeling. Dark, cold, sad, and bitter. I try to be positive, I really do. Sometimes, though, it just happens to be easier than others. This was not one of those times. Cheer up, Papyrus! You're about to go somewhere fun and fancy. Lighten up!

When I got home I took off my scarf and jacket, and put them on a coat rack. I headed up to my room, and put down my bag. I had a suit that I would wear, as Undyne had instructed me to dress nice. I took the suit out of the closet and laid it on my bed. I got changed, folding the old clothes and placing them neatly on my bed. I fixed my hair and flashed my best smile to a mirror. "Okay, Sans! I'm ready to go!" I headed down stairs. Sans looked up at me from the couch.

"Wow, Paps. Someone's looking fancy."

"Nyeh heh heh! Thank you, brother!" I did a proud smile. We both headed out to the car and started to drive.

"Now, Pap. I just want to set down a few...ground rules..." I groaned.

"Sans! I'm just hanging out with a friend!"

"I know, Paps. I know. Just, ya know, be careful. And call me if you aren't home by 11:00. "

"Wait, why?" I was puzzled.

"So I know you haven't been kidnapped or somethin', Pap!" Sans sighed. "Just be safe, and have fun." He pulled into the parking lot.

"Don't worry about me, Sans! You're acting like such a dad!" It was meant to sound playful, but hurt us both slightly.

"Just lookin' out for my bro. Ya know?" He nudged my arm and we both laughed. " Have fun!"

"I will!" I said, getting out of the car. I walked up to the tall building. I waited in the front lobby. I should wait, right? It's probably best.

After 15 minutes I decided to call her. Where is she? The phone rang.

"Uh...hello?"

"Undyne? Where are you? I'm here wai-"

"Oh yeah. That. Um...I'm not there..."

"Well I can see that. Where are you?"

"Um, don't worry about it. Someone will be there for you soon." She hung up before I could answer. It was all very strange. I put my phone away as the doors swung open dramatically. There stood a tall figure, with black hair covering half their face. They had a sky blue dress and short, tan boots.

"Mettaton?!" The figure looked towards me. It was, in fact, my boyfriend.

"Papyrus?! What are you doing here?" He strutted towards me.

"Well, Undyne invited me. But, it was a setup, which I now see."

"If Undyne set you up, does that mean- Alphys! Well, I guess this was to be expected." He crossed his arms and sighed. He glanced at the doors leading to the dance. "Shall we?" He extended a bent arm towards me. I linked my arm through.

"We shall."