Shy Encounters

(This is my 3k/4K special! Yaaaay!)

~~~Napstablook POV~~~

"So...What have you been up to, Shy?" I asked Shyren, trying to break the awkward silence. It was only awkward because of me. I am very awkward. I wish I could talk to pretty girls, like Shyren. Or even just guys. Or people.

"Well, I've been doing some singing gigs." Her voice was small and pretty. It was like a butterfly. I like butterflies.

"I'm sure your singing is absolutely beautiful, Shy." She smiled a bit. "I'm sure you could make anything sound beautiful." She blushed slightly. I felt my face warm. Am I blushing? Oh no, I think I am. Oh no, what if I scare her off with my creepiness? Oh no, what if she doesn't like me? Oh no...

"It's nothing compared to your amazing remixes, Blook." She said slightly smiling. Is she serious? Why is my face getting warm?

"You...really like them?" This is it. She's going to laugh at me and tell me that they are terrible. Oh no...

"Well, of course, Blook! Your music is so creative and original!" I smiled at her.

"Ahem. Well, I'm gonna get something from the kitchen. Alphys, Undyne, why don't you come help me?" Mettaton said. The two didn't respond. "Ahem!" He said louder, getting the girls attention, and nodding towards the chorus. The three went in the kitchen, leaving Shy and I alone.

"Your cousin seems...nice." Shy said as her eyes trailed off towards the kitchen.

"Yeah. Mettaton is a bit more...enthusiastic than me, but he's the best cousin I could ask for." Shy's face went through a small range of expressions. "He's always there to help me out."

"Well, that's sweet." Her face settled into a soft, smiling expression. Her phone buzzed a few times. "Oh, I have to go now. It was nice seeing you, Blook."

"Oh...it was nice seeing you too, Shy." I smiled until she left. It felt like part of my heart became empty. Mettaton walked back in the living room.

"So, I could sense a little...spark between you two." Mettaton said slyly.

"W-what?"

"Oh, Blooky. It's obvious you two have feelings for each other."

"I don't know, Metta. I don't think she's into me." I felt my confidence lower, unlike Mettaton's eyebrow. Later that night, I sat in a bed in what would be my room until I was able to stay somewhere else. I looked over at a small knife like blade that reflected in the moonlight that poured through the window. I then looked down at my arm, at the scars that 'came from the accident.' At least, that's what I let Mettaton believe. However, I was incapable of getting over to it. So, I laid down and started at the ceiling, contemplating life. The car crash was something I thought of often. What if I didn't survive? Would people really grieve much?  Would it make a difference? Surely after a few months everything would be back to normal. Mettaton would still be the popular boyfriend of Papyrus. Alphys would still be super smart. Shy would probably end up with someone better, she'd probably not even remember me at all. Why does Mettaton think she'd be into me? She's gorgeous and has a voice to match. She'd never be into a loser like me. Oh no...

*
The next few days, we started to build a routine. Mettaton and I would each set alarms, his slightly before. He would wake up, start the coffee pot, get showered and dressed, then I'd wake up and he'd help get me in my chair. I was grateful that he was so flexible with my handicap. "Blooky?" Mettaton asked as he sat down at the kitchen table with me.

"Yeah, Mettaton?"

"Is it alright if Papyrus comes over? He's leaving on that trip tomorrow, and I want to get to spend some time with him. Only if it's okay with the 'World's Best Cousin' though."

"I don't mind, Mettaton." I jabbed at my pancake with a fork. "You two are good for eachother." Mettaton smiled slightly. I slowly took small bites of the pancakes. I wasn't really hungry, though I hadn't been much of anything lately. I had only been empty. Nothing mentionable happened until Papyrus showed up. Though, nothing much happens to me that's mentionable. The door knocked hard.

"Coming!" Mettaton yelled as he ran to the door. He swung open the door as a wheeled myself over. Papyrus was standing proudly there. I don't talk to Papyrus much, but I like him. He's a good kid. We used to be friends in Middle School, I'm not sure what happened, but we started drifting apart. I guess that's how life works sometimes. You find good friends for a while, drift apart, then you have to start all over again. Mettaton greeted Papyrus by grabbing his hand and pulling him inside. I followed them into the living room. After they sat down, I think they noticed me.

"Hello, Napstablook! How are you?" He asked, well sort of shouted. His voice was a very loud one, but that's how he always spoke.

"Oh...I'm fine...well besides, you know..." I looked down at my chair. An awkward silence filled the room. You could feel the tension looming overhead. Oh no, I made things awkward. I don't want to ruin things between Papyrus and Metta. What if I do ruin things? Oh no...

"The doctors said that Blooky here will be just fine. All he needs is a little TLC." Mettaton said cheerfully. He always manages to find some sort of silver lining in things. He tells me that every cloud has a silver lining. The way I see it is that every silver lining has a cloud.

"I'll go be in my room..." I wheeled away, so they could have some privacy.

"Oh, a-alright. Call me if you need anything, darling."

"I will, Mettaton." And with that I wheeled away to my room. Papyrus stayed with Mettaton almost the whole day before he had to leave. I would have said goodbye, but I decided that I should just stay in my room. I spotted the blade again and wheeled over to it. Now that my lights were on I could see that it wasn't a knife, but rather a sharp shard of glass. That's when all the dark thoughts came pouring in like a waterfall. Oh no...

-------------------------------------------------------

(Ugh that chapter was terrible I'm sorry 😫. The next chapter will hopefully be much better! And will return to Papyrus's POV. Also, I'm starting a new book with Buttercuppie6 so you guys will be in for a real treat! You guys should totally check her out! But don't worry, we will, of course, continue working on our separate projects. See you in the next update, My lovelies!

~Hayley)