Awkward Encounter

~~~Papyrus POV~~~
"Sans! I'm going to drop by Undyne's house! She left her phone here last night!" Sans snored. He is so lazy. I grab the blue phone and star running over to Undyne's house. This will be so much easier once I start driving. Thankfully Undyne doesn't live far. I run faster and faster. So...out...of breath. I look up to see Undyne's house just a few houses down. I walk over still catching my breath. I ring the doorbell. The door swings open revealing...Mettaton! He has on a white tee shirt and black boxers. His jet black hair is ruffled in a mess and his face has freckles. He looks so cute! C'mon Papyrus, play it cool.

"Mettaton? W-what are you doing here?" Papyrus that was the opposite of cool.

"Papyrus, darling! Um, hi! I was just um...I was sleeping over at Undyne's house." He seems uncharacteristically nervous. Did he read the note I gave him? Maybe not. Probably not.

Hopefully not.

"So, um, I, uh, saw the note last night." Oh. Oh no, he did see it. Why am I so nervous? Mettaton fumbled with his hair a bit. "Maybe we could get dinner later this evening?" I felt my cheeks heat up.

"S-sure! That would be...dinner...great! Um..." I'm making this awkward aren't I? Mettaton chuckles.

"I'll pick you up at 7:00 then." We both nervously giggle a bit. Is his face getting closer? Or is mine getting closer? Are we both getting closer? I feel my cheeks heat up a bit.

"Oh get a room!" I look over Mettaton's shoulder as he whips around. There Undyne is standing in the living room.

"Oh Undyne! I came to drop this off!" She comes closer and I hand her the phone. "You left it at my house."

"Oh that's where it went! Thanks man!" She grabs the phone and walks away.

"And where are you going?" Mettaton asks Undyne.

"The shower! If I get there before you, I'll actually get some hot water." She chuckled heading to the bathroom. Mettaton shook his head.

"Like she's one to speak." Mettaton turns back towards me. "She takes so long, she's practically a fish!"

[That pun fills you with determination.]

"I should get going, Sans is probably waiting for me at home." I shyly smile. "See you at 7" I say before jogging off. I see Mettaton smile, in all his natural beauty.

I have a date to get ready for.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Hope you guys are enjoying this story! Also, I thought I'd clarify this, the reason Papyrus can't drive is because he's 15 and Sans hasn't turned 18 yet in the story.

~Hayley )