xxii - twenty two

Previously:

From: Future wife 💖
no baby wait
Received at 6:21 pm

I should just shower to make it seem like I'm replying slow, but in reality I'm dying to text her back.

I walked into my bathroom and turned the shower on whilst playing my shower playlist.

I went into the shower with only one thought on my mind - Camila.

===

Camila's POV:

[ Six months later ]

It was way too hot as it's only the beginning of summer. I turned to my left and looked up at Y/N who had an unreadable expression as we walked through the park whilst she dribbled her basketball.

"You do know that staring is rude right?" Y/N asked without making eye contact with me, but smiling in the process.

I smiled in response and stopped in my tracks making her stop as well.

I stroked her cheek as she stared deep into my brown orbs. I leaned in which she also did to be met with her lips attached to mine. She grabbed the back of my neck trying to deepen the kiss, but remembering we're in public I smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

She pouted in response and I smiled loving this feeling I get with her that is indescribable.

We kept on walking without a planned destination looking at the dogs that barked everywhere and stray cats let loose.

I walked towards a stray cat that sat lazily on a bench. I rubbed the cats back and looked to my side, but did not see Y/N.

I turned around and saw that Y/N kept her distance.

"Look Y/N, isn't the cat cute?" I said whilst eyeing the adorable cat.

"I don't do cats."

"What?" I replied with my eyes opened staring back at her. How can she not like cats? They're so cute with their big eyes.

Instead of replying, she averted her gaze elsewhere waiting for me to be finished playing with the cat.

Too bad for her, it will take some time before I stop playing with this cute cat.

"Come pet the cat then we can leave." I said followed by a goofy smile.

"No, it might have one of those cat things like rabies or something." Y/N replied.

I sighed in defeat then slightly chuckled at her stubbornness before returning back to her side to continue our stroll through the park leaving the cat on the bench.

"Camila, I've been saying I would to talk about something for a while now, but never did and right now seems like a good time to bring it back up." Y/N said without looking at me. Instead, she fiddled with her fingers finding a sudden interest in the floor.

"Okay, let's sit and talk." I said slowly to make sure I don't say the wrong thing.

I sat on the bench that was right next to the one that the cat occupied since we didn't get too far. Y/N stood and eyed the cat with an indescribable look.