Chapter 14

Julia gave me a dirty look as she exited the principals office. Michelle followed after her. I awkwardly looked at the principal, thinking about if I should leave or tell Mrs. Stevens the other things Julia said and did.

"Lunch is over." Mrs. Stevens said. "Continue with your school day."

I guess that answers my question. I shuffle out of her office. I see Julia talking to Michelle. Julia seemed very angry. Julia turns her head and we make eye contact. Then she mumbled something to Michelle and they both turn around and start walking in a different direction.

Unfortunately my next class is with Julia. I go back into the girls bathroom to fix my hijab. After it is properly on, I go to my locker. I grab my books and head to class. 

It looks like I'm one of the last students to get to class, seeing that everyone turns their head when I walk in.  I sit down at my usual desk. But as I begin to put my books inside the desk, I see a small paper with words on it. It says 'the stupid sheet on your head makes you look uglier than you already are'.

Ugh. Am I going to have to deal with this now? The note makes me feel a bit self- conscience so I begin to fix my hijab a little. I crumple the paper in my hands. I stand up  and see Julia staring at me angrily. I throw the paper out, all while looking at her with a natural expression. I try to tell her that her words mean nothing to me. I'm not sure if it worked.

The class begins, when the teacher walks through the door. 

Classes continue, and stares are made, but I finally make it through the school day. It was weird seeing such a change in Julia in only one day. The bell rings and the teacher dismisses us. A stampede of students erupt in the hallway, trying to go each and every direction. I manage to squeeze by the crowd and get to my locker. All I wanted to do was get home.

I twirl the dial on my lock, and put in the correct combination. As I open the locker, I can see that it's completely empty.

"What..?" I say, in shock. My backpack was gone, my other binders were gone, even my little mirror on the door was gone.

This has got to be Julia. Right about now, Julia would be collecting garbage from each class. I couldn't let her get away with this! I had to go find her and talk to her.

Students begin to file out of the school happily as I look for Julia. It made my leg feel very sore. After searching the first floor, I was unable to find her. So I climbed the steps up to the second floor. I saw a garbage trolley in the hallway. I ran to the classes near it, and found Julia about to pick up a garbage bag.

"Julia!" I say, coming into the class.

"Why are you here? No one invited a terrorist." She said coldly.

Hearing her say that made me so angry. "I am NOT a terrorist." I tell her firmly.

"Oh, please don't bomb me!" She said sarcastically.

"Just..stop." I could've started another fight with her but decided to stay calm. "What did you do to my stuff?"

"Your stuff?" She says. "Why would I ever do anything to your stuff?"

"I know you did it." I told her. "You took everything from my locker and put it somewhere."

"How could I even get into your locker?" She said, trying to convince me that she did nothing.

"Because you and Michelle are the only people other than me who know my lock combination. Obviously it was you because Michelle would never do that."

"Uh.." She said, quietly yet I heard it.

"You don't know what to say? Maybe tell me where all my belongings are!"

"Fine!" She admitted. "I took it!"

"WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?!?!" I start yelling because I was beginning to get very frustrated.

"You expect me to tell you?" She scoffs and turns around. "You dumb--"

"TELL ME WHERE MY FREAKING STUFF IS RIGHT NOW." 

"No." She said and picked up the garbage bag. "Now get out of here before I call the cops on you, terrorist."

"I'm not leaving until you tell me where my stuff is." I cross my arms.

"TERRORIST, GET OUT OF HERE!" Julia throws garbage from the bag at my face.

"Gross!" I pick up the garbage and throw it back at her. I would not stand this. 

Suddenly, Julia pushes me to the ground, hard.

It hurts so bad. My legs hurt the most. I feel unable to stand up. I lie on the floor, wincing in pain. But Julia didn't realize how hurt I was. In fact, she did something to make me feel worse.

She took the garbage bag, turned it over, and dumped everything out onto my stiff body.

"Hey terrorist." She said. "Go back to your country." 

I hear the door close. The room went silent.

A tear rolls down my cheek. Why was I crying? Because she called me a terrorist? Partly. But mostly because I couldn't believe she used to be my friend, and now she's treating me like this. My body just hid under the large amount of garbage. I could smell it. I wanted to go home.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys.

I'm so so so sorry for the wait. Please accept my apology. Thought I don't deserve it, I hope you will.

I will try really hard to update this more often. I'm also very sorry for the short chapter. I just thought this would be a good way to end the chap. I also didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer.

I wanted to thank you all for reading. I'm at like 18.7K reads and I reached 1K votes! I never thought I would get this far with this story. So thank you so much for everything.

Lot's of love,

~roshnamagic

♥♥♥