Chapter 12

"Hello?" I hear.

I look up to see the last person I expected.

It was Imraan.

"What?!" I shrieked. " What are you doing here? This is the girls bathroom you know! You can't just come into the girls' bathroom whenever you want! It's very--"

" Shush." Imraan covers my mouth with his hand, interrupting me. " Iqra, can't you see that I came to help you?"

I yank his hand off my mouth. "I don't need your help, thank you very much." I stood up from the dirty bathroom floor, and straightened my clothes.

" Iqra, just listen. I heard what happened. I saw you peering over the corner of the wall, listening to Michelle and Julia." Imraan said.

I look down at my feet. 'Why was this happening?'  I thought.

"That has nothing to concern you." I said coldly. I might be too harsh but he did wrong.

"I just wanted to know if you're okay." Imraan took a step back.

"I'm fine. Now you should go before another girl arrives." I said, leaning against the wall again.

" Whatever you want. I honestly really did like you, Iqra. Why didn't you like me?"

" I did like you. But you went to a party. You tried to flirt with me when you thought it was some random girl." I looked him right in his eyes, but he was looking in other places.

"Well, I'm sorry. I knew I was doing wrong. I couldn't help it. But now that I apologized, will you let me propose to you?" He had a very serious look on his face.

" I'm glad you apologized, but....I'm engaged." I said, anticipating a solid reaction.

First Imraan gave me a look of confusion. Then he slowly contemplated what I had said. Finally, a look of anger rested on his face for a fair amount of time.

" You're engaged?! Why did you not tell me this before?" He exclaimed. "Is it to that man that I saw at your house when I first proposed?"

I nodded yes. Imraan's mouth gaped open.

" You don't need to be angry, Imraan." I said. "I don't think we would be a nice couple anyway."

"I bet we would. We would have very beautiful kids." Imraan replied.

"Woah, what?!" I said, shocked. " Don't be talking about having kids with me! I'm engaged! Get the hell away from me!"

"Okay, okay! No need to yell." He rolled his eyes.

"Please leave." I said again, but nicely.

" Fine, but you will regret not accepting my proposal." He said, turning towards the door.

"I bet I won't." I replied.

At this point, Imraan didn't stop to say anything back. He just left. After the door closed behind him, I headed into the stalls.

I used the toilet, but right when I was about to flush, I heard the door creak open.

The voices of two chatty girls echoed through the bathroom. It was Michelle and Julia.

"Oh my God!" I thought. "First Imraan and now them?!" It was already painful to speak with Imraan.

"But you don't have to." I hear Michelle say.

"What do you want me to do then?" Julia says, annoyed.

"Just be normal. I know you're mad at Iqra and everything, but maybe we should just let her be." Michelle says.

At this point I was standing on the toilet seat, afraid to be seen. If they saw my shoes, they would instantly know it's me.

"How could we let her be when she just breaks our friendship for no reason?" Julia snaps back at her.

Honestly, I think Julia is over-reacting. Maybe I should have told them why I had to break my friendship with them. But that would just make them even more angry, and sad.

"Maybe it's for a reason, but she didn't want to tell us." Michelle explains. Thank you Michelle!

"I don't even care." Julia says. I didn't think Julia could be this snobby. "At least she's out of our lives now."

As I hear them walking, I accidently stumble. My foot hit's the flush, resulting in the toilet to let out a loud noise.

"Who's in here?" I hear Julia say.

"Was someone listening to everything we just said?" Michelle says.

"Oh no." I think.

"I don't see any feet inside the stalls. They must be on the toilet seat." Julia starts opening stall doors.

I was breathing heavily. What would they say if they saw me? I can't escape anywhere. I have no where else to go. So I just stand there, waiting for them to open the door.

As I expected, Julia pushed against my stall door. To my surprise, my door was still locked!

"She's in this stall!" Julia exclaims. "Get on the toilet seat beside this stall."

Suddenly, I see two faces pop up from both of the stalls beside me. Their mouths gape open.

"Iqra?!" They yell.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm really really sorry for the long wait. I've been really busy with some social media things (that are secret) and school!

I'm also very sorry for the short chapter. I just didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer.

So I will soon be starting another story called "Best Friends?" which I really hope you will read and enjoy.

Wow I have so many stories that I need to work on, and finish.

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, please vote, comment, and follow!

Lot's of love

~roshnamagic

♥♥♥