Chapter 1

I lay down in my room, with my niece, Sidra. My sister came in town and she is staying with me and our parents.  My parents were in the living room, talking with a man they wanted me to marry. But I didn't want to marry him. There was only one man I want to marry, and that's  Imraan. He lives three houses away.

" Iqra khala?" Sidra said. " Aren't you gonna go see him?"

" Shh." I replied. " I'll see him when I want to."

" Iqra?" Ammi called. " Arey bhai, come here to greet Waleed!"

" Look's like you gotta go see him now." Sidra grinned.

" Oh, shush." I playfully swatted her.

I stepped on the floor, and immediately felt how cold it was. I slipped on my favourite sandals, and scooted into the living room.

" There is the lovely Iqra!" Waleed's mom stood up and rested her hand on my head. " Assalamu Alaikum!"

" Walaikum Salaam." I replied as she pulled me in a big hug.

Waleed stood up and held out his hand for me to shake. I thought in my mind, should I take his hand? Is it haram to shake a man's hand? Ammi was staring at me. I didn't want to keep Waleed waiting, so I shook his hand. He smiled. I sat down on the couch, beside Ammi.

" So, how are you Iqra?" Waleed's mom asked. She kept smiling, and it actually kind of started to creep me out a bit.

" I'm fine." I told her.

As Waleed's mom flooded me and Ammi with questions, l saw Sidra peeking out of my room, sticking her tongue out at me. I gave her a goofy look back.

" Are you okay, Iqra?" Waleed asked with a concerned look.

I instantly stopped the goofy face, and blushed. " Oh, um yeah." I glanced back at Sidra, who was making a face that meant sorry, but not really meaning it.

After Ammi fed them lunch, they finally left. I strode to my room, where Sidra was sitting with my laptop, scrolling through my Facebook.

" Sidra what are you doing?!" I yelled.

" Pfft." Sidra blew it off like she wasn't doing anything. " Just seeing if you post any pictures of me....and you don't!"

I grabbed the laptop from her. " Don't ever go through my Facebook again. Lets take a picture now, so you don't whine about it anymore." I took my phone out of my pocket and held it in front of me and Sidra. The phone made a click sound as the picture was taken.

" Now i'll upload it to Facebook, okay?"

" Okay Iqra khala. " Sidra said.

I showed the picture to Sidra. She smiled as she was happy I finally had a picture of her on Facebook.

" Now," I said. " Wanna go for kulfi?"

Sidra jumped with excitement. I lead her to the door.

" Aapa?" I called my big sister, Hajra. " Me and Sidra are going for kulfi. Wanna come?"

I heard Hajra say something, then a minute later she was hurrying to the door, all ready with make up and her Micheal Kors purse.

" Aapa." I groaned. " We're not going to a party!"

" I like to look my best." Aapa glared at me.

I muffled a quiet, "okay" then took the two to my slick black BMW. I drove, while Aapa sat in the passenger seat, and Sidra at the back. We drove to a desi grocers, where they sell kulfi. We walked inside, and did some shopping for food. After we were at the cash register, I saw the freezer with kulfi and other frozen foods. I told Sidra to go get some for her, and us. Sidra ran excitedly to the freezer and picked her favourite pista kulfi, along with mango for me and Aapa. She put the kulfi on the conveyor belt, and let the lady scan the items. I helped Sidra open her packet, and we all sat back in the car.

" Don't drop any on the car. " I warned them.

They licked their kulfi, as I also did. I just love the sweet taste of mango kulfi. Then we went back home.

The next day, I woke up, and texted my friend, Michelle. She was not Muslim, unfortunately, but she was always kind to me. We made a plan to go shopping at Saima Mall.

------------------------------------------------

Hello readers!

I know this chapter might not have been too exciting, but it's only the first chapter, and I promise things will get better.

I really hope you liked this chapter, so vote and comments if you do!

Thank you for reading this book :)

~roshnamagic

♥♥♥