Chapter 5

It was the afternoon, and I was ready to tell my parents. There were 10 more minutes until I had to leave to go to Michelle's house.

I headed to my room, and picked up a school purse. I neatly folded my dress, and stuffed it in the bag. I put my heels in a bag, and stuffed it in as well. I set the bag on the wall, and walked to the kitchen where Ammi and Abbu were making dinner.

" Hey Ammi and Abbu!" I said cheerily. " Listen, I have a project to do with Michelle, and It might need to take the whole weekend, so can I stay over at her house? Please?"

" Alright Iqra." Ammi said. " Stay safe."

" Thank you, thank you!" I hugged both of them. I ran to my room, and grabbed the bag from the hook on my wall.

I already had my hijab on, but I checked in the mirror one more time. I tightened the pin, and headed out the door. I walked to Michelle's nearby house, already feeling guilty.

I rang the doorbell, then waited. Michelle opened the door, with a smile on her beautiful face.

" Howdy y'all!" Michelle said, even though she wasn't wearing her costume.

" Hi Michelle." I said, as I entered her house.

We ran up her stairs, and into her room. I started zipping my bag open, and taking out my dress.

" My parents are out of town for the weekend." Michelle explained. " So we don't have to worry about getting caught."

" But I  have to worry. My parents would never leave me alone for a whole weekend."

Michelle nodded, and took out her costume from her closet. I gathered my costume and headed to her bathroom to get changed.

I wore the wedding dress, and exited the bathroom. Michelle was in front of her mirror, doing her makeup. Michelle was a pro at hair and make up. She had on her cowgirl costume, with cute pigtails. She saw me in the mirror, and turned around with a huge grin on her face.

" Oh my god... it's perfect!!!!" Michelle jumped. "Here, let me do your hair."

Michelle sat me down in front of the mirror, and started gently combing my dark brown hair. Michelle fastened my hair in a bun, with curls of hair, streaming down my back. She grabbed the veil, and set it on my head, dangling in front of my face.

She lifted the veil out of my face, and started doing my make up. I was very grateful for a friend like her. Michelle put eyeliner, smoky eye shadow, foundation, and lipstick on my face.

" Ta-da!" Michelle said in delight, as she finished my make up.

" Wait," I realized. " No ones going to see my face if the veil is in front."

" Oh, well." Michelle shrugged. " At least we know you look pretty."