Chapter 4

Hey, hey readers! Thank you for the votes, and reads! Are the reads past 350? I think they are. I'm not going to check right now, because I want to get right to writing the chapter! Well, since I probably have 350 reads, I will do a kind of long chapter, just for you guys! Come on, come on, bring it in guys. 'group hug'. Alright, vote,comment, and enjoy!

~ roshnamagic

****

I came home from school. I then started preparing for tuition. About five minutes later, the kids start to arrive. The doorbell rang, and kid after kid, got dropped of by their mothers, and flopped down on my couch. Once everyone came, there were seven kids, in our living room.

I started off by asking what they did in school, if they understood their homework or not, and if they're having trouble with any subject. I helped them with their homework. An hour went by, and tuition was over. The kids all started to leave.

" Bye!" I called. I walked to the kitchen, and started cooking dinner. I usually help Ammi with cooking. I made seven roti's then set them inside the hotpot to keep them warm. I was making the rice, when I realised it was almost 4:30. I quickly put the rice inside the cooking pot. I grabbed my sweater, and purse. I put on sneakers, and headed out the door.

I saw Michelle's car in the distance. She stopped outside my house, and gestured for me to go inside. I stepped in her car, and immidiately felt that nice leather seats that my car didnt have. We drove to the mall, and entered a costume store.

I looked around for a decent costume. There were costumes like vampire, princess, very innapropriate. Bleh.

" How's this?" Michelle asked me, holding a space woman costume up to her body. It was not excactly a space suit, but pretty close.

" Eh" I replied, not loving the costume. Michelle nodded and kept looking.

" This?" Michelle stretched the word out. She held up a superhero costume, with a cape,mask, and belt. I liked it, but it didn't suit Michelle. I shook my head, and Michelle let out a sigh.

I looked through the racks, unable to find a good costume. A worker approched me and Michelle.

" Hello girls, is there anything I can help you with?" She asked.

" Is there any costume that would cover my face, so like, no one can see who I am?" I said. The worker gave me a confused look, then slowly turned around.

" Follow me." She said slowly. She lead me to the front of the store, and showed me a bride costume. It had a long gown, which stood out a bit.  There was a veil clipped on, which was part of the costume. It looked beautiful.

" Will this really cover my face?" I asked.

The worker unclipped the veil, and set it on my head, dangling in front of my face.

" Yeah, I can't see your face." The worker said, tilting her head.

My face lit up. I finally found a good costume!

I took the costume of the hook, and brought it into a change room. I put the dress on, and adjusted the lace, to fit my body shape. I put the veil on, and looked at the mirror.

Wow, I really can't see my face.  I exited the changing room, still wearing the costume.

" Hey" I said to Michelle.

" Woah, uhh, is it your wedding or something? Do I know you?" Michelle said, confused.

I lifted the veil up to show my face. " Michelle, it's me! Iqra! Ha, you didn't recognize me!"

" Oh! That's a nice costume!" Michelle said.

" Thanks. I'm buying it."

Michelle nodded, and grabbed at a costume in the racks. She pulled out a cowgirl costume, with a red checkered shirt, tight jeans, long cowboy boots, and a western hat. Michelle grinned.

" It looks real nice." I told her.

We lined up at the cash register. The cashier scanned our outfits, we payed, then we walked out of the costume shop.

It's going to be fun, wearing this wedding outfit. Though I can't stop feeling guilty.

We got in my car, and started driving away.

" You know, the party's tomorrow." Michelle said.

" What?! I'm don't even know what to tell my parents, I don't know what to do!" I exclaimed.

" It's going to be alright, Iqra. You will tell your parents that you have a major project to do with me, and that you need to stay over night. Leave your house at around 7:00, so we can get ready. Got it?" Michelle asked.

I nodded. I got to Michelle's house. I stopped by her driveway, and let her off.

" Remember the plan." Michelle called out to me. " Bye!"

" Bye!" I yelled.

I arrived home, and sniffed the air. I had a very good sense of smell. I smelled biryani.

" Biryani?!" I yelled as I ran in the kitchen. There were orange and yellow rice in a pot.

" Salam, Iqra." Ammi kissed my forehead.

" Salam Ammi." I replied.

" Hajra and Sidra are leaving after dinner." Ammi told me. " They're packing their things in the guest room."

I ran up to my room, and set my dress down. I entered the guest room, where Sidra and Hajra were kneeling on the floor, packing their things into a fairly large suitcase. I kneeled down with them.

" So you're leaving, huh?" I said.

They were both silent. I opened my mouth to say something, when Sidra turned around, tears streaming down her cheeks. Sidra pulled me into a tight hug. I could tell she didn't want to leave.

I stroked Sidra's long, dark brown hair. Tears filled my eyes. I tried to hold them back.

" Don't cry." I was being a hypocrite. " Tomorrow's Saturday. We can talk on Skype."

" Dinner time!" Ammi called from the kitchen.

I held Sidra's arm, and she stood up. Hajra stood up too, and we all walked to the dining room.

Dinner was pleasant. We mostly talked about  Hajra and Sidra's trip back home. They are going to California, where they're home is.

After dinner, we all bring their suitcases, and bring them to the van. We stuff them inside, then all go in the car. Sidra sat beside me. Hajra sat in the passenger seat.

As we arrived at the airport, Sidra's sniffs were getting louder. We got out of the car, and yanked the suitcases out.

Hajra and Ammi rolled them to the boarding area. We sat down, waiting for Sidra and Hajra to go for boarding.

Once their flight was called, we all stood up. Sidra hugged me very tightly. As Sidra went to Ammi, Hajra came to me.

" I'm going to miss you." Hajra said, holding my hands.

" I will too. Even though you are bossy sometimes." I chuckled.

Hajra gave a small laugh. She wiped away one of my tears. I hugged her, and I didn't want to let go.

Hajra let out of the hug.

" Be good." She kissed my forehead. " Good luck with that special man."

I smiled. Sidra and I hugged one last time, then they walked away.

They waved. " Allah Hafiz!"

" Allah Hafiz!" Ammi and I called.

****

I wake in the morning. I know it's pretty late, because the sun is up, and the sky is a beautiful shade of blue.

I spend most of the day planning what I was going to tell my parents about the party.

Tonight was the party, and I have to let it go smoothly.