Chapter 11

"Yes! I will marry you!" I exclaimed, as Faseeh and I hugged.

I let go of Faseeh, and wrapped my arms around Ammi, as we hugged. She kissed my forehead, and said, " Masha Allah, meri beti buri hoogay!" and squeezed me tightly.

A tear slowly fell down my cheek. I sniffed, and Ammi wiped my eye. She realized Faseeh was just standing there, smiling at us, so she pulled him into the hug.

Finally I would be married, have kids, and live a happy life, Insha Allah!

"Okay." Faseeh said as he let go of us. " I will go home, and tell my family. Jazakallah, Nabeeya Auntie. Jazakallah, Iqra." He shook both of our hands, and went out the door.

The minute he stepped out the door, I turned to Ammi, hugged her tight.

"I can't believe this!" I sobbed.

"You better start making a list of who you want to invite!" Ammi hugged me tighter.

"Oh, yes!" I exclaimed.

Ammi let go of me. "But you have to tell me everything that happened at the party."

"Ok!" We both sat down.

I explained to Ammi how Julie and Michelle begged me to go. Then all about how Michelle was drunk, and what Imraan did.

I was feeling more and more confident about confessing all the horrible things that I had done.

"I can't believe this, Iqra." Ammi said. "I am very disappointed in you. But I am even more disappointed in Imraan, and Michelle."

"I know, I didn't think they would do something like this!"

"I'm glad you opened up to me anyway." Ammi smiled, and stood up. "Better start making that list."

"Alright!" I grabbed a memo book, and pen. I flipped to a new sheet, and titled it, 'Wedding Guests.' "Okay, so I'll invite Michelle, Sophia--"

"Wait." Ammi interrupted. "You can't invite Michelle."

"Why?" I exclaimed. "She's my best friend!"

"Best friend or not, you are not inviting her. She drank. I want you to have Muslim friends, Iqra." Ammi said.

"I do! I have Khadija, Sophia, Mariam--"

"Stop, Iqra. You can't be friends with Michelle."

"Ammi, that's not fair!" I raised my voice.

"She's going to get boyfriends! She's going to do bad things! I won't let you hang out with a girl who especially drinks!" Ammi raised her voice as well.

"That's not how Michelle is! Don't just assume like that!" I was getting kind of annoyed.

"You are not being friends with her! End of discussion!" Ammi yelled, ending the argument.

I stormed off to my room, completely furious by the way Ammi was talking about Michelle.

I had to somehow stop being friends with Michelle. This was going to be hard. We have been friends since "kindergarten.

So I go to bed, thinking of a way to break my friendship with Michelle.

I slowly get ready, then drag myself down the stairs.

"Salam, Iqra." Ammi says sternly.

"Salam." I forced myself to say. I wasn't in the mood for talking.

I ate a fibre bar, grabbed my bag, and headed out the door.

I plan to just tell Michelle. She'll understand, right?

I enter the school, and find Michelle standing by my locker, waiting for me.