“Why you little…” he trailed off and jumped at me. My eyes widened but I stood ready for his attack.

“No!” I heard Sammy’s voice call out before she jumped at her father who was flying towards me. She collided with him and knocked him into one of the couches. “I said get out.” She roared and grabbed a hold of his arm and started to drag him out of the house.

But he got out of her grip and moved away from her. “You can’t do that to me, I’m your father, you are still under age and I hold custody of you until you are of age.”

“No you don’t, I do. Now get the hell out of this house before I throw you out.” Sam said finally stepping in.

“The council would want to hear about this,” Josh threatened.

“The council doesn’t and will not answer or listen to you anymore, Joshua. You’re time here is up, now get your things and get out of La Push, before we banned you from coming back here anytime soon.” Billy replied.

“And who said?” Josh replied indignantly.

“I said, I am on the council as is your son,” Billy pointed in Sam’s direction, “And we are telling you to get out.” Billy pointed towards the door.

“Here are your things now get out,” Sammy said with a quiet fury that was and sounded quite frightening. He looked at her sadly and then looked at her brother with the same sadness. “I’m not lying to you two this time, I really am sick,” he grabbed his things and walked outside. “Your cab is waiting for you too.” She called after him and he nodded with a heavy sigh he walked out of her house looking back at the two siblings but they showed no compassion.

“Hey you okay?” I asked Sammy to see she had swiped at her eyes rather fast. “Yeah, it’s just that he always does this to me. And like the fool I am I fallen for it. How stupid can I be, right?” She asked herself and I shook my head. “You know I think it’s time for us to be heading home.” Sam replied awkwardly.

“Mind driving me home?” Billy asked and Emily shook her head no. “Paul and I are going to go do some patrols, Jacob you stay here with her and make sure she doesn’t do anything reckless. Sammy,” she looked up at her brother. “He was never our father – all he did was help create life. That’s all so don’t fall for his pity stories alright?”

She nodded helplessly, “Good, now let’s go.” Sam ordered and they all dispersed.

I walked over towards Sammy and held her in my embrace. She returned it and I felt her shoulders shake with each nerve wrecking sob. Pulling her onto the couch I looked at her.

“No you’re not stupid just too forgiving.” I told her gently and she nodded lowering her face so that her hair could hide her face from view.

“No don’t do that,” I tucked her hair behind her ear and she looked up at me. “He’s not worth it, right?” She asked me and I nodded my head. “We’re your family. We care for you and we will help you through anything.”

“Thank you Jake,” she leaned her head on me and I stroke the back of her head.

Her stomach growled and a nervous bubble of laughter escaped from her mouth. "I guess I'll just have to eat the rest of my pizza."

"You go and do that," I laughed and grabbed another box. "Jake that's not yours!" She reprimanded and I shrugged taking a slice, from who ever left their pizza box here, and shoved it into my mouth. "It's er ault or eavin it ear," I mumbled through a mouthful of pizza.

"Eww! Jake swallow that before you talk!" She scolded lightly and her face scrunched up adorably. I swallowed and tweeked her nose. "Yes mother," I joked and she smiled taking a peperoni slice off her pizza and whipped it at my cheek.