Chapter 25

It's not our abilities
that show who we are,
It's our choices

Four POV

I laugh as I watch her dance to the music. She does it so carefree, as if no one is watching. Her odd and crazy dance moves just motivate me to dance with her.

Tris grabs my hand and pulls me up off of the couch. "Come on Four. Let loose and have a little fun!" She laughs. I don't budge, it's a bit hard for me to just let loose, but when I'm around her I can do so. I'm not going to in this situation though, I'd completely embarrass myself in front of her.

After her many tries to get me to dance with her, she just grabs my hands and starts to move them side to side. As if that would get me to dance. When she grabbed my hands, I tried to ignore the burst of flames and white heat spread through them. It didn't do me any good. No matter how hard I try to not let this girl have that effect on me, it never works. And I don't think I want it to work anyway.

Right now the both of us are at her house. It's just us, alone. Her parents and brother aren't here, the rest of the gang isn't here. Yet. I can't even stress how excited I became when she said that she was alone and wanted me to come over. Then she told me that she invited everyone to come over since her parents will be out of town for a week and Caleb is busy at his university. She didn't want to be stuck in her house by herself and be bored.

When I got here she was cleaning the house so that she could busy herself. She had the music turned on and the volume up as she was dancing around, singing. I helped her out a bit so everything was cleaned quicker, and when we were done, she turned the music back on and began to dance to it. Which brings us to now.

Tris pouts when I still don't cooperate to dance with her. The sight of her doing so makes a slight burn to appear in my chest. She's so adorable.

"Come on, Four. Please dance?" she asks.

I sigh and almost cuss myself for giving into her want. She has no idea of the way she drives me crazy. Little does she know that she has me wrapped around her finger.

She smiles when she sees me stand back up from the couch. She grabs my hands and starts dance and I dance with her to the song playing on the radio, Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake. She laughs at my odd dance moves and I laugh at hers.

The song soon and Masquerade by Robosoul ft. Cid Fox comes on. It's not a new song, but it's not really old either. I haven't heard this song since I was nine.

Her hand goes to my shoulder and the other clasps around one of my hands. My right hand finds its way to her waist and the other in her hand. We start to dance together, taking a couple steps forward and back.

"I though you said that you didn't dance, Tris?" I ask her.

She looks up at me and sheepishly smiles. "I don't. You're just an exception." she says and it makes a smile spread across my lips. I'm her exception.

As we're dancing, I do a certain dance move that includes us breaking apart from each other and putting our arms up with our hands still connected, but we're facing opposite to each other. She copies my moves, going along with them.

We go back and forth, switching sides twice. Then I pull her back into me and she tilts her head to the side a little with a small smirk. "That seemed like a practiced dance move to me. Definitely not a spontaneous done in the moment thing." The way she says it makes it seem almost accusatory, but in a playful way.