Two...

I started to walk in the hall with Belle not too far behind me.

"I'm going to go talk to Eliza," Belle tells me.

"Alright, see you later." I respond. I walk over to Belle and gave her a quick peck on the cheek, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"Okay," Belle replies and we both go our separate ways.

I decide to go for a walk in the woods alone. I need some fresh air. I walk down the stairs which led me to the exit of the base. I then walk out the door.

I walk through the large valley until I reached the forest. It is very peaceful. I love the sounds of the birds tweeting. I sigh and settle down. I sit down against a tree and close my eyes. I open my eyes once I hear voices and leaves rustling in the distance.

I turn around. One of the voices was very familiar to me. I then realized it was the voice of Maya. I slowly stand up and look around, hoping to see faces. Then, I spot them.

It is my mom, Lilah, and two other hunters who seemed probably more than ten years younger than me. I approach them without hesitation. I keep my mouth shut. One of the young hunters furrows her eyebrows.

"Hey! I know you! You're the prisoner who killed Dylan's mom!" She exclaimed, gritting her teeth. "Why did you do that?! What did they ever do to you? How dare-"

The other young hunter grabbed hold of her hand and it instantly calmed her down.

"It's okay, Ly," He reassures her. She takes a deep breath.

Lilah and my mother glance at the young couple and then they give each other a look.

"Aren't you two Fire and Water?" I asked, cocking my head. "Aren't you two natural enemies?" I question.

"The only natural enemy here is you," the female remarks. I hear my mom and Lilah stifle a laugh in the background.

I walk closer to the young hunter and raise my eyebrows. "You're good," I say.

My mother walks over to me and looked at me in the eyes. "What are you doing here...?"She asked, sounding a little depressed in a way.

"I decided to come out and get some fresh air. Brielle let me and Belle out. It's cold out here and there's snow everywhere, but it's still pretty nice," I inform her.

"We've been trying to look for prey all around for the past hour or so but we haven't found anything," Maya told me, still sounding sad.

"That's tough luck there.." I tell her. "Maybe you'll find something eventually."

"I hope so," Maya responds with a shiver. "This is one of the worst winters we've had in a while and we're all getting hungry.." She explains me. I nod.

"So... enough about me. How are you?" Maya asks, tilting her head to the side a little bit.

"As good as being prisoner gets," I force a smile to show my mom that I was okay. She grins back.

After talking for a little bit, she decided to introduce me to the two young hunters. "This is Lyana, who I trained and this is Dylan, who Lilah trained," I nod and they just stare at me with hatred in their eyes.

I hear a rustling sound from behind me. "Squirrel!" Lyana explains happily and Dylan takes his bow and arrow and kills it instantly.

"Good job, Dyl," Lyana tells him, smirking at him and quickly going back to holding hands. Dylan got a little flustered and Lilah tund to get the squirrel and picks it up by the tail, smiling at them.

"Finally! We caught something! Good teamwork you two!" I watch as Lilah says, amused at the hunters. I guess they are a couple, since it's pretty obvious.

"Have a good day mom. I think I'm going to head back to base," I told Maya.

"Have a good day, Jasper! I'll see you soon!" My mom said, trying to sound peppy as we hug before I walked off. I feel really bad for my mother. Ever since Jeremy died she hasn't seemed happy at all. I feel a bit of guilt, as well.