Twelve...

I, still wanting to spend my free time as much as I can, start looking around for Blake. I figure he's someone I can chat with instead of being cooped up in the prisoner room. As I was walking, I pass by Blake's girlfriend, Megan. I turn to look towards her as we pass.

"Hey, have you seen Blake anywhere?" I ask, figuring she might know.

"Yeah! He's spending time with you two's mother right now. Why do you ask?" She responds with a question.

"I was just wondering. I want to spend the time out of my prison as much as possible, so I figured I might chat with him," I answer.

"You're free to go talk to them... but don't say I didn't warn ya. I think they're talking about you," She brings up. I freeze. "He's been so worked up about wanting you and Belle free. How did he start caring about you both so suddenly? I don't get it."

"No idea. I just tried befriending him not too long ago and now he's like that?" I respond with a sigh. "Not that I'm complaining, though. Thanks for the warning."

"No problem!" Megan responds. "See you around," she gives me a small, shy wave before heading off in the other direction. I head off towards Maya's apartment yet again, hoping in my head that I would not have to run into Reece at all. When I arrive at her door, I give it a light knock.

"Who is it?" I hear Maya's voice call out from inside.

"It's me, Jasper," I respond.

"Oh! Good timing!" I hear Maya say and then she opens the door for me. "Sorry about... earlier," she says again nervously. When I look inside, I only spot Blake to my relief, who is sitting on the couch.

"It's fine.." I mumble. I look over at Blake, who is looking directly at me and clearly a bit nervous.

"We were just talking about you," Maya brings up, sitting back down on the couch. "Join us. It's actually something you might want to hear." She pats a spot next to her on then couch. I walk over and sit there.

"We were just talking about how I'm going to try to get them to let you and Belle free sooner," Blake explains to me. "I can't stand the fact that no one is giving you two a chance. And some of my friends are turning on me because of my views..."

"Blake... I appreciate it but you really don't ha—" I start to say, until I am cut off.

"I want to," Blake claims in a serious tone. "I really like you, Jasper, and I want the chance to get to know you even better. But I can't do that when you are locked up all the time. You are my brother, after all. Same goes for Belle."

"Thanks..." I respond, not really knowing what to say.

"I'm proud that Blake is already thinking of ways to try to get others to trust you," Maya admits. "They're good ideas too. He's a smart kid."

"Something you should try to do when you are free is to try to clean around the base. The base in general can get a little musty at times, especially when it comes to dirt and dust. I think by maybe doing something like that, people will start to like and appreciate you. You also need to do things for others specifically. Maybe try to see if there's any favors you can fulfill from people," Blake suggests.

"Then I'll just seem desperate," I respond, not really buying Blake's idea.

"Yeah maybe, but people may trust you more in the long run if you do things for them," He comments. "Maybe at least go hunting every once in a while when you're out. We have been running really low on food. I don't think you've done that yet."

"I guess you have a point there," I admit, shuffling my legs a little nervously. "I could be more productive and if they see that... they might realize the worth I might have to the Union as a whole."

"You see? I told you Blake had some good ideas," Maya points out with a smile.

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind," I respond, giving Blake a small smile. He smiles back at me.

"I guess I should go ahead and give it a start while I'm still out and about then," I respond, standing up. "Thanks."

"Oh, bye Jas!" Maya waves goodbye.

"Bye Jasper! Good luck!" Blake also says as I head out and shut the door behind me. I begin to walk through the hall, heading back to the stairs, when I am stopped by Brielle.

"I've been looking for you! Your time out is up," She says. "Let's lead you back to the prisoner's room," she leads me back there, to my own disappointment. But I guess I could just give it a start another day.

"How did everything go?" Belle asks me as soon as I return and Brielle leaves.

"I think I know how we can become a part of the Union," I share excitedly.