Seven...

I walk through the halls and to the area of the building where the apartment-style rooms are located. I find Maya's and knock on it, hoping she would be there since she wasn't at lunch.

"She doesn't need any visitors," I heard a voice say from behind me. I turn my head to find myself face-to-face with Reece. I can feel my face grow hot as I gulp nervously. "And what are you doing wandering alone?"

"I would just like to chat with my mother," I stand my ground. "Dana and Brielle gave Belle and myself permission to have some time out."

"Of fucking course," Reece rolls his eyes. "Well, she isn't feeling well right now," he responds, voice firm. "So, it's best if she's left alone. Don't worry, I have been taking care of her."

Part of me feels like Reece is just making up an excuse to not let me talk to her.

"But... I really need to talk to her... something has been bothering me," I beg. "I don't care if she's sick. I know I killed your wife but... at least show some sympathy."

Suddenly, the door to Maya's room opens. Maya steps out, looking at the both of us.

"What is going on with you two?" She asks, crossing her arms. "Reece, it's fine," she says, her voice soothing. "He can visit me anytime he wants." Reece lets out a sigh, turns, and leaves the hallway.

So she was listening on to us the whole time... I'm grateful for that.

"Come on in," Maya says, holding the door open for me as I step inside. "Make yourself at home. Reece is right, I am sick but it's just a bit of morning sickness. Nothing contagious."

I sit down on the sofa and she sits down beside me, looking at me with concern in her eyes.

"Something is troubling you. What's the matter?" She asks with concern.

"I went to lunch today and... I learned apparently some of these people... want me dead," I answer with a deep sigh. "It's really bothering me. It bothered me so much I couldn't eat my lunch."

"Oh... yeah, that," Maya looks away with sadness in her eyes. "Reece brought up the idea of executing you and Belle and some others jumped on board, but it's mostly just Reece's family," she explains, although I already knew that. "You won't be executed, though. Not while I'm alive you won't."

"But... what if one of them decides to kill me? There's really nothing stopping them..." I share my biggest concern, my hands starting to shake. Maya holds my hands in her own once she notices, trying to calm me down. "I-If one of them is a guard during a certain time... it could be the perfect time for them to ambush Belle and I."

"No one will lay a hand on you on my watch. I'll make sure to talk to Reece. He's been a bit irritable lately regarding this situation, but I'm sure I can change his mind if I try hard enough... and he would then influence his kids as he did before," Maya suggests. I shake my head.

"It might be better if you talk to Brielle or Dana about this. I think they need to make sure none of them guard us," I counter with a new suggestion. "They are the ones with the power, after all. They might not listen to me, but they would definitely listen to you."

"Yeah... that might be better," Maya responds. "Whatever makes you feel safest."

"What's the appeal of that guy anyways? Reece," I ask, wondering why she was drawn to a guy who hates her son so much. "You mentioned yesterday that you don't even like him that way..."

"Well... we both lost our spouses in the battle, so we sorta found solace with each other," Maya answers. "We both are going through the same situation, so we grew close through that. We have had each others' backs during this really tough time in both of our lives... I only like him as a friend and he only likes me as a friend, but we decided to have a comfort one-night stand. It was so benefical for the both of us. I thought I was too old to have get pregnant so easily so I didn't worry about it, but now I have this little one," she explains, putting a hand on her belly lovingly. "I just hope the baby will bring some light into my life. It's been really rough for me since the battle."

"That makes sense, I guess..." I respond. "But why with that jerk?"

"He is only a jerk to you, and it makes sense why he's like that with you. You killed his wife, of course he hates you. He's nice to everyone else, I swear he's one of the sweetest guys out there," Maya responds. "I don't know what I'd be like now without him... I'm not sure if I would've been able to keep on living." I let out a sigh.

"I suppose you're right. I hope he can start liking me eventually..." I respond.

"He will, but it will take a long while," My mother tells me. "He just needs some time." I nod in understanding.

"Anyways, do you need anything? Food, water, anything?" I ask as I stand up. I really want to form a relationship with my mother. "You must be going through a rough time."

"Nah, Reece was just leaving to get me a small lunch, thanks for the concern though," Maya responds, giving me a small smile. I smile back.

"Thanks for the help," I thank her, giving her a small wave. "See you around."

"See you! I will make sure to talk to Brielle and Dana and see how it goes," She responds, waving back as I exit her apartment.

I close the door behind me, but then I look up only to be greeted by Reece again, carrying a tray with some food and a glass of water. He gives me a rude shove as he brushes past me, heading into Maya's room, not saying a word. Once he closes the door behind him, I let out a deep sigh.

I should probably find Belle. And also Blake, he's supposed to be keeping his eyes on us. I think as I head back towards the dining area.