Stretch Marks

Nico stood in his and Percy's shared bedroom, in front of a full length mirror. He'd been doing this a lot lately, since he started developing stretch marks about 5 months into his pregnancy. Now here he stood. Home alone, in front of a mirror, 6 and a half months pregnant, hands on his stomach and tears in his eyes.

He was 17 when he got pregnant. His body had always been bony, slim, maybe to some even scrawny. Never in his life had he been fat, or chubby, or even slightly over weight. He'd never thought that it wasn't okay to be anything but skinny, it just had never been him, but now it was. And he had never felt more disgusted with his body. 

His body was once a blank canvas, pale and marked with no blemishes. That was no longer the case. Stretch marks were in a thin line, going from hip to hip right above the waistline of his sweatpants. 

They made him feel ugly. Every time he saw them, he felt like a whale, like a he was reaching the point of obesity. Worse yet, he was afraid of Percy seeing his stretch marks and thinking those very same things. They hadn't had sex in nearly 3 weeks, and before that, when they did, Nico had made absurd excuses as to why he needed to keep his shirt on.

The tears in his eyes spilled over and he put his shirt down aggressively, and turned away from the reflection he detested. 

As he began sobbing, he didn't notice the door opening and closing. He didn't notice footsteps coming towards the bedroom, and he didn't notice a figure standing just before the threshold watching him with sad and shocked eyes. 

He finally noticed when said figure walked slowly up behind him and put a warm and large hand onto his back. 

He quickly put a smile on his face and turned to greet Percy, because of course it's Percy, who else has a key to the apartment? 

"Hey, how was work?" he asked in a soft voice. Percy wasn't having any of it though. He put 2 strong arms around Nico's waist. "Baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

He looked up into Percy's eyes and he saw love. This was his love, the one he wanted for forever, the one that seemed to want him back. He could trust Percy enough to not leave over something so shallow. 

He took a deep breath, sobbed into Percy's shoulder. "Percy, I - I'm disgusting!"

"Excuse me?" Asked Percy, baffled. "My body... It's gross, and fat, and I'm gonna have stretch marks for the rest of my life because of this pregnancy. The stretch marks, they're disgusting, Percy..." he said with tears running down his cheeks and onto Percy's shirt. 

Percy gaped over Nico's shoulder, absolutely shocked and horrified that Nico had been feeling this way. 

"Oh my god's, Nico, no" Percy rushed to assure him. "Nico, you have a beautiful body!" but Nico shook his head and lifted up his shirt, lowered is pants to below his hips. He gestured to the red/purple lines cross the bottom of his tummy. "How could this ever be beautiful?" he asked in shame.

Percy, while looking into his boyfriend's beautiful brown eyes, reached one hand all the way down to the stretch marks that were giving Nico so much shame and insecurity. 

"You're not fat, Nico, you're pregnant. Your body is going through the most beautiful and important process, don't you dare be ashamed of it, you hear me, Nico?" He said in a serious tone, way too serious for the son of Poseidon. 

Nico sniffled his nose, "But-", he started before Percy interrupted him. "No, no buts. Our baby is in there, that's the only reason you have these stretch marks, you know that, right?" Nico nodded slowly.

"We love our baby, he's special and he's going to be the most precious thing in the world, and nothing that amazing could possibly make you ugly, Nico. Do you understand me? I love that you have stretch marks, else we wouldn't be 2 and half months away from meeting our little angel." Percy reasoned.

"You're perfect, I should be perfect for you... people give us weird looks when they see us together. I don't deserve you, I'm so ugly!", Nico sobbed, diving his red face into Percy's neck.

"Stop it! I love you so much, don't you dare say that. I can't picture any specimen that I would be more attracted to, don't you get that?" Percy practically yelled back to Nico. "You're the only one I think about."

"I can't help it... you have the best body out of everyone at camp. How can I undress next to you? I'm gonna have loose skin, stretch marks, but I'll probably also be bony and just. Just disgusting! How can I turn you on?" Nico still wasn't getting it.

"Nico, stop. The most arousing thing about you? You're the other parent to my child. Do you know what I thought about the last time we made love? I though, 'holy shit he's beautiful and he's mine and he's giving me my baby and I get him for forever and he'll give me an amazing family and he's going to make an amazing husband one day'. I want you Nico. I don't give a shit about stretch marks. Everyone gets them. At leat you have a justified reason." Percy was beginning to lose his temper.

"You want me to be your husband one day...?" Nico looked shocked. At this, Percy looked amazed at Nico's stupidity.

"Oh my god. Of course I do are you joking me. You're not gonna ever get rid of me. Gods, Nico di Angelo, we are literally staying together for the rest of time and we're gonna raise our son, maybe make a few more an have really amazing sex until we are too old to do it anymore." Percy exclaimed, exasperated. 

Nico finally smiled, through his tears. "Yeah, that sounds really good." and Nico realized that his body didn't matter anymore. What mattered was how Percy saw him. And Nico was suddenly so sure that he wasn't gross to Percy Jackson, the love of his life. 

A/N: I just want really good Percico/Solangelo prompts, with specific dialog ideasssssss