Through The Night

7:53 p.m.

"It's getting kinda late... ready to put Austin down?" Percy said from his spot on the recliner. They'd had Austin in their house for just over a week by now and they loved their little darling with all their hearts.

But when it came to his bedtime, they had some difficulties- as to be expected with a newborn.

"Yeah..." Nico sat up on the couch and stretched his body as best as he could with a baby resting on his chest half asleep.

The young parents disappeared into their baby's room to tuck him away for another night of sleep.

10:32 p.m.

Percy looked over at his almost husband and noticed he was nodding off repeatedly and he turned off Supernatural to walk over to the couch Nico was on.

"Wake up babe, let's go to bed," Percy urged to only get muffled words and a pitiful look that made his heart speed up like every single look Nico gives him does.

Shaking his head fondly, Percy carried Nico to their bedroom and walked into Austin's to see him drooling and he smiled to himself.

When he crawled into bed next to Nico, he thought that he had a life better than any.

12:16 a.m.

Nico was woken up by little noises on the baby monitor by his head. It wasn't crying, not yet, but he got up and went to the nursery anyway.

When he peaked into the crib, a smile made it's way onto his face. Austin was sucking on his fingers and making a pitiful puppy-dog face.

Taking time to consider that he won't ever be able to deny his kid anything, he picked him up and walked over to the rocking chair in the corner.

Austin snuggled into Nico's chest and looked up at the man that brought him into this world. With a kiss to his son's forehead, Nico began singing to him. It was the same Italian lullaby used on him when he was baby, and it seemed that Austin liked it just as much as Nico had.

When the song was finished Nico continued to gently rock Austin while taking his time in admiring the innocent little one. Looking at the baby always blew his mind. He couldn't believe he'd had a child with Percy freaking Jackson but here was proof. And there was no denying it.

Austin was barely 3 weeks old but he already looked so much like his parents and that warmed the hell out of both of their hearts. Nico never said it out loud, but he was glad to have a bond to Percy so strong. It was so reassuring to that part of Nico that was still insecure and lonely.

When Nico's eyes finally began to droop, he put Austin back down in his crib, gently pulling the blanket up to is chin and kissing his nose.

When he layed back down on his side of the bed - cringing at the cold sheets - he smiled to himself as Percy rolled over in his sleep and pulled Nico flush against him, intertwining their legs and rubbing his face against Nico's hair.

Not that Nico knew, but he'd been listening through the baby monitor. He can't deny the watery eyes and dopey smile hearing his love sing to their first-born gave him.

2:41 a.m.

The couple was woken up by a shrill crying coming from the monitor though they could hear it through the walls just as well.

After a few seconds of gathering his thoughts, Nico sat up on his elbows and looked over at Percy giving him a sad smile. Demigods all needed their sleep so having a baby was a struggle.

"It's my turn. Go back to sleep, babe," Percy told Nico whilst stroking his cheek with infinite care and affection. "Are you sure...? I mean, you work hard. It's really okay, I can go..." And wasn't that the sweetest offer ever.

Percy looked at him- his adorable bed head, his cute sleepy eyes, and his cute button nose (the same as their sons)- and gently pushed him back down to his pillows before climbing out of bed.

When Percy walked into the nursery, he cursed his awful luck. He immediately smelled that it was a dirty diaper.

A few wipes and a dirty diaper to the trash later, Percy was sitting in the same chair Nico had been in hours before. Austin laying on his knees, head supported by his hands of course.

After a few minutes of rocking and humming slowly, Percy kissed his nose - the one that was the same as Nico's who's nose got kisses just as frequently - and put him in the crib. As soon as he was was put down, he started sucking on his chubby little fist.

With everything back in order, Percy went back to join Nico in bed.

"Is he okay?" Nico asked groggily as he nuzzled his face back into Percy's neck. "Yeah just a dirty diaper. Gods forbid, I should've let you go..." Nico huffed a laugh and together, they fell back into sleep.

6:06 a.m.

Nico awoke to Percy poking his face repeatedly. Cracking one eye open, he saw Percy sitting next to the bed on his knees with his uniform shirt, boxers, and one sock.

"What is it?" he managed to muffle out through a long yawn. Percy rolled his eyes though there was absolutely no annoyance. "I gotta get ready for work. Austin's awake, can you go?"

Grumbling curses, Nico left the comfort of his bed to go to the kitchen and a prepare a bottle.

After the lengthy process of preparing everything, Nico was back in the nursery once again. He wanted to be mad, really, he did, but fuck if he didn't have the cutest most perfect baby ever.

Instead of giving him the bottle in his room, Nico picked him up and carried him to the Master bedroom where Percy was still pants-less but now with two socks and in the bathroom wrestling with his hair and went back to the bed and tucked Austin right under his arm, so he could lay down while feeding him.

Austin sucked gratefully at the bottle and Nico watched him, sleep fading from him at an alarmingly slow pace. When Percy emerged from the bathroom he stopped in his tracks. He looked at the scene for a minute before going over and laying on the other side of Austin.

"What are you doing? Get ready," Nico told him but Percy shook his head.

"I will in a minute, I wanna enjoy this for a bit..."

The small family lay there, Nico feeding Austin whom was tucked safely between his parents with Percy and Nico's hands joined and resting on his tummy. Percy and Nico exchanging few word and even some kisses but this is what it was about. Getting up at ungodly hours and getting few hours of sleep was worth it if only for this moment right here.

(A/N): Yeah, so R&R.