All I Want For Christmas Is You

(A/N:) And isn't that just the most cheesy title lmao

Usually Nico never left the house even once over his Christmas break. He spent it sleeping, gaming, reading, and once again sleeping. And that's how he liked it.

But this year things were different. All of the di Angelos were helping out at a Christmas charity event. It took about a week to get the venue itself setup and then on Christmas eve, they were going to open it to families who were having struggles.

They had gotten people to volunteer as helpers wearing elf hats, gotten some "Reindeer" from a local petting zoo, found a guy who looked like Santa and his son was to be an elf, baked hundreds of cookies, and gotten plenty of toy donations to give every child at least 3.

Hayden and Persephone di Angelo had funded the event, which is the reason they decided to make their three kids volunteer.

Bianca was handing out toys and treats, Hazel was dressed as one of the elves and Nico was supposed to go around and give the parents a small amount of money and make sure everyone had coats. It was supposed to run smoothly but, unfortunately, every di Angelo except Persephone and Nico had fallen terribly sick.

It wasn't anything too terrible, just a season kind of bug, but that meant they were short of assistance and they couldn't just cancel the thing. A lot of parents were relying on this event to make Christmas happen for their kids.

The problem was quite fixable and Nico shaped it to his liking. He'd gotten his best friends Reyna to fill in for Bia and Jason for Hazel.

But when they got to the venue on Christmas day, they came across a second problem. They had 2 costumes for Santa's elves -the ones that would stand behind Santa in the pictures- and one of them was very small, sized in a more feminine stature. Definitely not gonna fit Jason Grace, the football star.

Before Nico could come up with a solution, Persephone did it for him. Nico was a small boy, thin and pretty short, Nico could wear the costume originally planned for Hazel.

And that's how Nico found himself standing behind Santa on Christmas eve wearing green tights, pointy ears, and jingle bells in his hair.

The other elf was Santa's son in real time, when they were not acting as Christmasy fools, and Nico automatically couldn't help but notice how much better his looked in the tights than his own. He recognized him as Percy Jackson from his schools swim team.

Percy tried to make small talk for the first time about half an hour in to the event.

"When I came to one of these when I was little, I accidentally pulled off Santa's beard and ruined it for everyone." he said it with a fond smile and Nico was stuck staring at his lips before averting his gaze and blushing furiously.

He tightened his lips and nodded, too shy around cute boys to answer.

The second time he tried to make small talk, it didn't go much better.

It was about an hour and a half in and Nico was honestly just tired of standing , switching from foot to foot every other second.

Percy looked at him from the corner of his eyes and grinned. "Y'know, I think this kids almost done dishing out her list. Maybe you ought to take a go at Santa's lap next..." he trailed off, waggling his eyebrows.

He tried to get words out, maybe even a full sentence, really he did. But no such luck. He just grumbled out a negative reply in broken English and thanked god for the fake ears because he was sure his own ears were aggressively pink at this point.

In all honesty, within a half hour span, Nico had to pull his gaze away from Percy's ass in those ridiculous tights more times than he was ready to own up to. He was pretty sure Percy hadn't caught him though, too focused on the kids and the pictures, making goofy faces at the camera.

Nico probably looked like a total Grinch next to him and it really was a shame Hazel had gotten sick and Jason was too bulky to fit her costume because Nico certainly wasn't gonna look good in these poor children's Christmas photos.

The third time Percy tried to get Nico to say something, he didn't even say a word.

They were standing there side by side, when a very girly and high pitched version of All I Want For Christmas Is You started playing over the speakers.

Nico didn't care for the song himself, but when he movement in the direction of one Percy Jackson he decided to look over at him. Without the swimmer even noticing, Nico watched as he nodded his head to the tune and his lips perfectly mouthed the words of the song .

Shortly thereafter, Percy noticed his watchful gaze and began putting on a show.

He mouthed all the lines in the song directly to Nico, holding his diaphram and moving a finger in the air for more effect until the song was over. The whole time Nico couldn't look away, he was hypnotized and now he was paying for that with a blush like never before.

Percy chuckled and blew him a kiss before turning back to the camera.

***

At the end of the event, everything was a success. Everything except Nico's social life.

Percy was the hottest guy ever and Nico was completely unsure how he never noticed until now. But he'd ruined any attempt Percy gave to communicate with him.

When the last few kids were taking their pictures Nico decided to do something.

"I should have scheduled in a break. My feet hurt and I'm in some serious need of Hot Chocolate..." he hinted at Percy.

Green eyes widened and then lit up at the suggestion in Nico's tone. He stepped closer.

"I think I can help with that," Percy mumbled. "Meet me out in front? I promise my real clothes aren't this tacky." He said gesturing to the spandex elf costume.

Nico bit his lip and nodded up at the taller boy.

Nico only kind of regretted it when he was sitting by Percy in a blue convertible. The other guy, contrary to his words, was wearing a gaudy patterned sweater and blaring All I Want For Christmas Is You the entire way to Starbucks.