Baby be Gentle

{A/N} This isn't my best work wtf I'm sorrrrryyy. And, er, m-preg...

With shaking hands, I gently place the small stick on the sink. I'm not really sure what to make of it. It's got the power to completely change everything. Everything. And, I mean, come on! It's a cheap piece of plastic that holds all the answers. I'm so nervous. Oh my gods, I'm nervous.

"Nico? Are you in there?" Percy gently knocks on the door. He turns the knob as well, but I've locked it. That seems to alarm my sea prince. His voice an octave higher this time, "Nico...?"

I discreetly move the stick out of plain view, behind the mouth rinse and our cup of toothbrushes, before I unlock the door and step outside.

"Hey Perce, I was just washing my hands real quick. I was gonna cook for you, but you're home early..." I move away from the door, casually drawing Percy's attention from the bathroom.

"No, its fine. It'd be nice to take you out anyway, its been so long..." Percy said with a gleam in his eye, snaking his arms around my hips lovingly.

//break//

My night out with Percy turned out to just be him taking me to McDonalds. I still appreciated it like I do every second I spend with him. But since we walked there and back, by the time we arrived at our small apparently I was totally spent.

"I'm just gonna head to bed, Perce..." I let out through a yawn. Percy gave me a peck on the cheek, "Alright. I'll be there in a sec. I'm gonna brush my teeth real quick." I couldn't be bothered with oral hygiene after walking 6 blocks.

I went in to our shared bedroom and dressed down into just my black boxers and worn down Metallica shirt before bringing back the covers and climbing in. Down the hall, a crash sounded from in the bathroom. The next second Percy was in the doorway.

"Hey, Nico?" I sat up and raised an eyebrow. "Whose positive pregnancy test was in the bathroom?"

Wait.

What? No. No, no, no. No way!

I had known of my child bearing ability since Aphrodite came and visited me last year to congratulate me on finally getting Percy and as a 16th birthday present she forced fertility on me. I didn't know what to tell Percy, didn't know what he'd do, so out of fear and insecurity, I kept it to myself. Of course I would've told him. Eventually. It'd be unfair to keep that to myself, after all. But now here we are. 17, unmarried... and pregnant with Percy Jackson's baby.

Well. I'm definitely wide awake now. I stood up and walked over to grab the stick and see for myself. Percy furrowed his eyebrows, but handed it over easy enough.

And there it was. A tiny pink plus sign signifying that I'm with child now. I shoved the test back to Percy, 100% done with everything. I walked over to the wall and leaned my forehead against it, both arms folded over my head. "...Nico?" he seemed thoroughly confused by my odd behavior.

"A year ago, on my birthday and right after you asked me out, Aphrodite... she um, she came to visit me. She said that she was proud of my, uh, love for you and she wanted there to be a way stronger than marriage to bond me to you. Just in case or something, I'm not really sure... But she- she gave me this ability. The ability to carry children... I've been feeling weird lately. I eat pickles with every meal and I've gained 5 pounds. I thought that maybe I was, you know... pregnant so I took that test this morning and I forgot all about it. Until, um, until now..."

Percy said nothing. I waited, but he stayed absolutely quiet.

"I'm so sorry, Percy. I- I know that this is unnatural. I know I'm young and we might not be ready and I'll understand fully if you decide to leave. It'd destroy me to let you leave because of this baby, but I can't kill my child, Percy. I- I just couldn't. I-" I was cut off when I jumped at the hand on my shoulder.

Finally, he spoke. "Nico." I mean, it was one word, but still. I turned and found him smiling gently, lips quivering. His sea green eyes were filled with tears that were on the verge of spilling and his cheeks were flushed. "Nico." he breathed out. He put his arms around me -my chest rather than my tummy- and pulled me into a passionate embrace. He rested his left hand on the back of my head and stroked my hair.

"Nico, baby, why wouldn't you tell me? Hm?" My heart sped up at the nickname while I put both arms around him and held on like my life depended on it. I got on my tiptoes, for better reach, and inhaled his perfect scent.

"I- I was scared you would be disgusted by this. Its unnatural and I didn't want to risk you leaving me..." I sobbed into his shoulder, absolutely full of all kinds of emotion. Damn hormones. He hugged tighter finally letting his tears fall, a few drops falling into my hair.

"No, Nico, never. Nothing about you would ever disgust me or make me leave. The only ounce of regret I ever had in dating you was not being able to have biological children. But you can give me that, you are giving me that. I didn't think it was possible to love you more, but its so much more intense now... " he pulled back just slightly to kiss me, moving his hands to my very slight bump.

When he pulled back, I looked in his eyes and saw something in them had changed. He gave me one more firm hug before getting on one knee to come face-to-face with my tummy. He raised up my black shirt and kissed just below my belly button.

He looked up and beamed at me before speaking. "Um, hey. So, uh, I guess I'm a dad. I guess I'm your dad! Its weird because I've known about you maybe 6 minutes and I already care so much about you. I trust that you'll come out healthy and perfect, you have good genes after all..." I let out a breathy laugh as he looked up and winked at me. "But please go easy on Nico. He's your other daddy, the one taking care of you. And I need you to be careful with him because I need him. He has to stay with us so we can get married. So he can see you grow up. I don't know how this pregnancy will work, little one, but please be gentle."

He stood up after a few more well placed kisses to my midsection. My head was spinning, his probably was too. We just held eachother and silently gazed in eachothers eyes. Until Percy jolted away.

"I gotta go call mom and Paul!" He pecked my lips and rushed down the hall. "We're having a baby! A baby, Nico!"

Well this should be interesting.