Never Meant To Be [2] The Escape

Começar do início

To my good grace, Lee had enough will to smile through the depressing gloom that had overcast the large room.

"Oh don't think about those people down there. It will be all the much merrier when they find out were all their good tax money had gone too. Your mother's expensive makeup of course."

"Indeed, yet I doubt the good people would know of it." I said halfheartedly, Looking past the people and to the alter were the minister was setting up the candles as the sun began to slowly drift beneath the hills in the horizon.

"Good people? Oh dear don't make me laugh. If I were as much as a fool as them then I'd be with the lot. Trust me, those folks down bellow had it coming to trust such gluttonous pigs." Lee snorted in an unladylike fashion before flipping her fiery hair over her shoulders, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she studied the people in the garden. I couldn't help but laugh as she made faces to the unsuspecting by passers.

"You need to leave this place, Cecilia." Lee unexpectedly said, the laughter in her voice dieing as her eyes turn grave. The sudden change in her behavior startling me.

"Lee, you know that's impossible." I murmur quietly, letting my eyes roam around the room as my stomach seem to have dropped in depression.

"Its not. You know as well as I do that you aren't meant to marry that fool." She argued and turns her chestnut gaze on me, causing me to look down in shame.

"Even if that's the case, I just can't get up and walk away from this place." Though my voice was faint, it was still strong enough to send the message I was trying to get through too Lee. I couldn't leave because this was all I had. If I were to just walk away I would have nothing to survive on.

"Then we will cause a distraction." She exclaims, a sly smile spreading along her lips as I felt my stomach tighten.

"We?" I question slightly, one of my fine brows rising in the process.

"Yes. The other maids don't like this forced marriage talk either." Lee explicated while seating herself upon the edge of my bed, letting herself relax as I shook my head in apprehension.

"Oh for the love of god, Lee, please don't tell me you and the others planned this?" I asked in a low voice through trembling lips as I try desperately to shake the shock from my body.

"Indeed we have, and there is no changing our minds." Lee stated confidentially and before I could say another word in that matter she calls to someone behind the door.

"Drake! You can come in now." She said in a slightly sweeter tone as a young man about three years older than us steps in from the hall. His eyes were of auburn brown with deep, long brown hair that was swept back into a braid that reached his mid back. The clothing he bore was that of a black and gold uniform with a silver badge upon the location of his heart. The badge had been engraved with the letter A, signifying he was apart of the Arion military guard.

"You called Miss Lee?" He asked threw a deep voice that reminded me of summer storms thunder, and sounding just as equally as commanding as well. From my view I realized he was not just any guard, but the second in command who was known from around the palace that he was one of the most skilled fighter of the entire guard.

"Yes, can you call for Margaret? I need some help to pack Cecilia's dresses." Lee explained to the guard while he gently bows his head to her, accepting her demands without any complaints. This was simply odd to me but I just shrugged and tossed the thought aside. Lee was known to be quite the charmer around men, and could make them bend to her will, despite how strong willed they were.

"Of Course." He murmurs before disappearing back behind the door, closing it with a soft click.

"See, we'll get this all straightened out." Lee exclaimed with a delightful tone, causing me to almost loss my own wits with her ever-changing attitude.