Softy really.

I went to part from him when he pulled me back shaking his head.

"Don't think so. You should know this next one." Zak smiled.

As it began playing I looked at the DJ booth to find Joey giving me a salute.

"Zak what have you done?" I asked.

"No comment. Dance with me." He grinned pulling me back to him.

I held him as we moved around slowly.

"She don't need the glitter of the Vegas lights. " Zak sang before moving back enough and twirled me around.

"She could blow a kiss and leave you like tilt- a - whirl.." I came back to his chest with a smile resembling the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

"You romantic." I whispered as he continued singing along quietly.

"Maybe I am. But it makes you smile." He replied.

He wasn't wrong..

"And if you haven't noticed, we are now dominating this dance floor.." He whispered making me look around to find a few people watching us.

Tilly was cuddled into Joey smiling at us and Aaron was still clicking away.

"I think we'll have enough photos don't you?" He asked making me nod.

"So what were you doing today?" I asked.

"Well I had I get a new shirt.. I hulk ripped my last one." I laughed but he was serious only making me laugh harder.

"Did you go green though?" I asked.

"Aaron commented on me having a face like I needed a shit."

"Oh Zak!" I laughed in disgust.

"What? I'm being honest here." He chuckled. "But I actually ripped the material. Apparently the guns are coming in well." He added.

"You've got so big!" Scene played in my head. He was at the shop getting a new shirt!

"Your arms have always been big. They make me feel safe." I smiled at him.

With money came expensive taste and I knew this wasn't a cheap shirt. He always went balls out when buying clothes. But shoes! The man LOVED his Supras.

"Have I told you how gorgeous you look this evening?" He asked.

"I don't think you actually did.. But you can tell me again." I giggled.

"You look gorgeous. Beautiful. Amazing." He came in close to my ear.

"And I want to do bad things with you later."

I giggled "If my boyfriend heard your chat up lines.. Tsk tsk."

"I'll fight him. For you I'd fight him." He replied.

"You'll have to go to a mirror first."

"Shh don't ruin it, this is the knight in shining armour moment." He whispered.

"Shame I got a prat in black then."

He grinned and placed his forehead against mine until the song finished. I sighed contently at him making Zak kiss my forehead.

His cologne was driving me mad, and if I knew any blind spots on the cameras then I would be taking advantage of them..

The music stopped and Joey got onto the stage looking around until he had everyone's attention.

"Hello? Hi! Ha, evening everyone, well I'd like to say a few words regarding why we are here tonight... Many years ago a young woman rolled into this establishment, bright eyes and bushy tailed looking for a job. I admit, I was resistant on taking her own. Simply because I know what the big bad world is like out there.. But her determination and dedication to helping my business and helping me shine through and I soon had a second in command. I know her as my right hand woman, you all know her as Maria. So get your ass up here."  He smiled.

The room began clapping and I was gently pushed by Zak to walk up.

With help from Joey I got on the stage and stood beside him.

"Now.. My next one is a woman who has always wore a smile, not matter what. Who's experienced some really hard and tough times here at Joey's but who's always ready to get stuck in. As everyone already knows.. But for those who don't. Myself and Tilly have now moved in together."

The room filled with cheers and clapping making me look at her as she beamed up to him.

"She's stole my heart and for that reason I sacked her, simply because I want to see her when I come home at night and not be here until the early hours.. Plus it has put me at ease knowing she's safe.. So could the lovely, gorgeous Tilly come up here."

The room began clapping for her and Aaron did a whistle loud enough to shatter Windows causing Zak to elbow him. I giggled as they both began play fighting but stopped when it died down.

"I love all my staff, each and everyone I you are family. You always have and you will always be. And you two? I can't believe you're skipping out on me both together. Talk about double wounded." He teased.

I pulled a sad face and laughed.

"But in all seriousness.. If it wasn't for you both pushing me and giving me a swift kick in the ass when I needed it then I don't think our family would had lasted this long. I know you are both going to do fantastic in your next jobs because of your enthusiasm. So I'd like you all to raise your glasses.. To friendship, family, Maria & Tilly."

Before I could point out that myself and Tilly didn't have a drink we were giving two flutes of golden liquid.

We all raised our glasses and drank the champagne.

"Now.. Before you both run off. There's two tables. You both have your name on them and all your thank you cards, presents and flowers are there. So if anyone hasn't given them anything... There's the door you stingy shits. I'm joking. Just make sure you sign the cards for our beautiful ladies. I'm out!" He dropped the mic making me laugh at him.

Joey gave us kisses on the cheek and yelled for the party to keep going.

I was making my way off stage when the mic beeped causing me to look back and find Zak on stage.

"M- yes it's on. Ha. Maria?"

"Zak? What are you doing?"

"Hey uh everyone. I know you wanna dance and cavort with each other.. Saucy bunch but I want to do one last thing...."

That's when he got to his knee and my heart stopped...