Two goals

We got home after lunch time, we decided to sort out the fruit leaving some for now and freezing the rest. I was sure my mum would enjoy the fruit when making a crumble. They had left for the hotel spa leaving myself and Zak home alone.

"Well what are we going to do, to pass the time?" He asked rolling his eyes around.

"Clean, and chores."

I almost saw his shoulders sag, but I knew what he wanted...

"After you take me upstairs." I replied. I didn't have to ask twice as he threw me over his shoulder and carried me upstairs.

"I- have wanted you since I saw you in those little shorts!" He spoke and threw me down on the bed.

"Really?" I asked with a little trail in my voice.

"Yes." He answered and jumped on me.

******

I was stood in the kitchen making us lunch when Zak's arms wrapped around me. He smelt my skin making me giggle from how his stubble tickled.

"You left me in bed." He spoke.

"You deserved the sleep.. You certainly earned it."

"I know, because you look surprisingly radiate," he replied making me flush with embarrassment.

"Don't be embarrassed, you own the look of radiance." He chuckled into my neck.

I felt his top being lifted at the front that I was wearing then his hand touched denim.

"Huh.. I thought you didn't have shorts on."

"Naughty Bagans." I replied kissing him on the nose making his face scrunch up.

"Well we could remove these and then I could.."

"We're about to have some lunch. Stop being rude." I replied.

He groaned into my neck and stayed there until I tapped his head, it came out as more of a slap making me giggle but he looked up.

"Donkeys have carrots.. You can have an onion." I replied holding one up to him he bit it and crunched away.

"Is it cause I'm hung like one?" He asked before laughing.

"Filth."

We sat down and had lunch and filled the fruit bowl up before making room for it in the fridge. I wanted it all to stay fresh for as long as possible. I washed up after lunch and dried my hands when I was picked up and carried.

"Someone has a seriously big appetite," I laughed.

But we passed the stairs making me frown. We entered the back room with the large couches and waffle throws with views of the garden. Zak opened the door and put me down before falling on the couch and holding his arms out.

My vision of us cuddling came into my head and I leap on him making him laugh when I hit into him.

"You were like a flying little monkey then."

"You caught me."

"Maria I would always catch you." He answered matter of factly.

We laid on the couch together for a while listening to the birds and freezing the warm breeze come through the doors. I have a yawn and snuggled into him closer.

"I need Gracie." Zak spoke after a while making me look up.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked worried.

"Nothing.. If I had Gracie there would be no reason for me to go back to Vegas.. This is perfect, this is what I want when I retire. I want us and Gracie and this." He answered.

I smiled and gave him a kiss "I'm so happy I am part of this plan."

"Well you got me now so unfortunately you'll always be in my plans."

With his soothing fingers on my head my eyes began to feel heavier and I tucked my hands in.

"Could you really do this? I mean even move out of Vegas?" I asked.

"For the right place, I think I could and with the right person... That being you."

"Zak Bagans are you planning your future?"

"I believe that I am." He responded. "I have always said that I would like to retire to an old town, not to old. With a house and garden for Gracie." He smiled.

"Sounds perfect." I whispered.

"Because I think it is.. With you by my side or in my bed obviously." He chuckled.

"Oh obviously." I giggled and stifled a yawn.

"Don't fight it, if you're tired. Go to sleep and I will be here when you get back."

I held onto him a little tighter and yawned before pushing my face into his neck and closed my eyes.

My mind began to imagine us a couple doing this, every afternoon falling asleep on the couch for an afternoon siesta. Watching Gracie chase butterflies around in the garden, trying to catch them in her mouth.

I smiled and let sleep take me. I got two goals in, one for fruit picking and the other being curled up on the couch beside a man I found safe. A man I called Zak and a man I felt like was home.