Different side of him.

I woke up in a familiar background, I could hear raised voices but I wasn't able to tell what they were saying.

The door opened behind me and I placed the voices that belonged to Aaron and Zak.

"Bro I'm telling you. I know she has it. I went to the damn appointment with her and what the hell?! You two?!" Aaron asked bewildered.

I closed my eyes I didn't want to be awake. Zak 'Big mouth' Bagans had squealed like a friggin pig to Aaron. So my next thing that
I was going to lose was Aaron as friend. Something which would send me straight home.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. I'd be gone because at times he was the only reason I stayed.

I felt a hand brush my hair back, the way their fingers gently raked my hair back I knew it was Aaron.

"Ri, sweetie." He whispered.

Just play dead. That's all you have to do.

Play. Dead.

"I know you're awake. You're breathing has changed and your fist is clenched so hard you'll probably pop a knuckle." He spoke.

Game was up.

I buried my face in the sofa, I didn't want to look at him and see the disappointment.

"Ri I heard about your home.. I'm sorry. You know you can stay here right?"

I didn't respond.

"Maria." Zak spoke making me growl hard.

"Bro leave her." Aaron replied.

"Oh this is pathetic!" I was yanked up to the sitting position.

"Bro!" Aaron shouted at him as Zak let go of my arm.

"You lied to me! I spent all night worried sick! I couldn't sleep because of you!" Zak shouted.

So I may have withheld a little information on my implant.. It was on the inside of my arm. Not the outside like he checked.

"Deserves you right." I muttered.

"Oh, you are a complete little bi-"

"Enough!" Aaron snapped causing us both to stop.

"Ri. Are you okay?" Aaron asked.

"N-no.. Not anymore."

"Is this because of your mom?" He asked.

My mind switched.

The next thing I knew Aaron is holding me back and I've tore Zak's top whilst screaming at him.

"IT'S MY BUSINESS! IT'S MINE! YOU HAD NO RIGHT!" I shouted at him.

"WE'RE TRYING TO HELP YOU! YOU STUBBORN BITCH!" Zak yelled back fixing his top.

"It's my business! Mine. You don't need to know because it's mine!"

"What is yours?" Aaron asked.

"My mums sick.." I cried.

"Okay.. It's okay."

"No it's not! She's got cancer! And I-" I paused looking between them.

"Ri?"

"It doesn't matter." I clamped my mouth shut.

"No, no. It does matter. Talk to me. Are you sick? Do you need to see someone? What Ria talk to me because you're scaring me?!" Aaron urged.

"Just leave me alone!" I cried moving away and out the room. I walked around trying to find my shoes when I gave up and ran out the front door in bare feet.