Never Meant To Be [1] The Arrangements

Child We Hear You, Child We Hear You,

You Who Has Always Been With Us.

Though Many Cannot Hear Us, You Are One Of The Many Rare Who Can.

We Are Of the Three Sisters of Fate,

The Ones Who Create The Path Many Must Take.

Though We Have the Power to Change Destines,

We At Times Cannot Stop It.

You Who Wishes To Make Her Own Path,

Must Earn the Right To Create Your Own.

Times Will Be Harsh Child,

But If This Is What You Truly Seek,

We Shall Help You With Your Dreams.

______________________________________________________

Chapter 1: The Arrangements

I didn't know what was happening, but I knew it wasn't good. My father, lord of my personal hell, sat before me on his throne with my mother who was more of the queen than he was king, stood beside him with an air of indifference. Today, she decide to wear a stunning white strapless silk dress that clung to her chest; a single golden-braided-belt hugging her waist as it showed off her slim body. Her waves of raven hair cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall, framing her beautiful olive toned face like an exotic painting. She was of noble birth as well, but not from here.

She was born somewhere near Egypt. Her father was one of the many lords of the small villages that resided deep in the heart of the Sahara desert. When my father came upon her during a meeting with my grandfather, he couldn't help but take her back here to northern England.

I watched as she clasped my father's hand firmly, an emotionless mask of perfection upon her face. Her lips were painted gold today, which matched her amber hawk eyes that just seemed to pierce through any unfortunate soul that came upon them.

I pity the fool that to tries to proclaim my mother was a feeble wife. She was indeed the ruler of this land rather than my father, who keeps insisting he held the power of the villagers within his iron grasp even though he was just a pawn to her. Like a puppeteer behind a red curtain, pulling all the strings with an elegant smile.

Still standing firm, I bow my head ever so slightly as I raise my dress in a classic crusty; silently praising myself on doing it perfectly. At least those entire classes mother had forced me to do were starting to finally pay off.

"You may rise my dear." My father's voice was rough with age and I do as I was told. Looking up, I see he was peering down at me with a steady gaze. He was now in his late thirties, an old age in our time for so many had died from diseases that we had yet to name. His hair was the color of old wheat that shined white in the sun. Fine lines graced underneath his sky blue eyes, showing wariness and loss of sleep.

"Have I done something to displease you father?" I ask as my gaze swept over them briefly, comparing my appearances to my parents.

My hair was the same color of my mothers, but not nearly as shiny. Eyes of amber and blue clashed around my iris, creating a sunburst effect that was rare for most children to even have. My face was oval, just like my mothers with her strong but delicate cheekbone structure that went well with my slim, feline body. The only thing I didn't have of hers was her olive skin tone, which just left me with my father's translucent Ivory that highlighted my dark hair in a dramatic way.

"Not at all my dear. We just wanted to have a little chat with you." My mother says with a sweet smile, obviously stating the fact this was all her idea. The last time we had a 'little chat' resulted from me sneaking out the manor, leaving me to never see the sunlight ever again. The only time I could see the beautiful rays of the golden orb were through my window, which was now held securely with iron bars that prevented escape.