•Chapter 24•

My heart clenched as I replayed the video. By now, I've stopped my crying. My nose was red and my eyes bloodshot. Dry tears stained my cheeks. I wiped my nose and then sniffled. I leaned back against the headboard and my hold on Lorenzo's pillow tightened.

I couldn't believe Lorenzo would get himself into a situation like this. He should've been more careful. But then again why would he?

It's basically family. It's his cousin. His own blood. I shook my head and sighed. Lorenzo is never safe. First we had Giovanni Ramendez and Alberto, his own cousin.

I thought about Angelo and how he must've reacted. Angelo was a family man. I'm sure he felt twice as betrayed as Lorenzo. Angelo doesn't take too lightly to these situations. Whereas Lorenzo would show no emotion and brush it off, Angelo would flip. Angelo was a little softie. Angelo is the type of person to let his emotions control him. I shook my head as I looked at their battered states on the video.

It didn't make sense as to why Alberto would do this. It could've been jealousy for all I care but your family members?

I rolled off the bed and shut the laptop. It's been five maybe six hours since I've been locked up in Lorenzo's room. Craddling the laptop in my arms, I walked out the room and sought out Donny.

Poor Donny. Donny has been taking this really hard on himself. Donny basically considers Angelo and Lorenzo as brothers and not knowing where to find them, how to help them, it drags him down.

I couldn't find Donny downstairs or in Renzo's office so that left me with my last option, his bedroom. I walked down the halls and stood in front of Donny's room door. I knocked our secret code on his door but slowly.

Tap. Tap tap. Tap. Tap then the elbow.

I heard a bit of rustling before the door opened. Donny stood in his slacks, his shoes and shirt off and his hair messy. One sniff and I surely smelt alcohol.

"You know drinking isn't going to get them back," I whispered and lowered my head.

Donny let out a frustrated huff and moved aside so I could step in," I'm honestly thinking right now. We have no leads, no plans," He slammed the door shut as I sat on his bed," I don't even know how to find them! I wasn't prepared for this! Lorenzo does the bossing around and leardership shit and I follow those orders!" He sounded so helpless right now.

I frowned at him as I opened up the laptop. "I can help..." I offered.

"No offense Bri but what would you know?" He sighed and walked to the opposite side of the bed, having a seat as well," We're fûcking screwed."

I cupped my chin and stared straight ahead; my eyes soon widening when I recalled something," Adrian can help us! He offered and he's willing!"

Donny turned to face me and looked skeptical," Adriano, " He said pointedly,"Is Lorenzo's enemy. They haven't liked each other since.. teens basically. For all we know Adriano can be throwing us off and is secretly helping Alberto."

"But he wouldn't do that to me," I frowned.

"Bri not everyone who's always saying nice stuff to your face, says it behind your back," Donny stated," It's a dog eat dog world out here Bri. You meet many, trust a few."