•Chapter 20•

I turned to my side but soon regretted the action as my head started to pound immensely. I inhaled deeply and held my breathe before letting it out. I sat up and leaned against the headboard, wrapping the silky blankets around me. Since when did I have silk blankets?

I slowly opened my eyes and scanned my room. Or should I say Lorenzo's. I groaned in disbelief and held my head with my hands. "You're awake," His deep accented voice announced beside me.

I turned my head to my right to see him in the far corner. The room was dimly lit with only a few lamps and little wall lights highlighting certain areas in the room. So right now, Lorenzo was looking intimidating. The wall light beside him illuminated the right side of his face but casted a shadow over the left.

As creepy and as intense he looked, he still manage to be sexy. Damn him. "What is the time?" I said quite groggily.

"3 a.m." he stood from the chair. He walked up next to me and I held my breath.

Why is he coming towards me? Is he going to kiss me? Damn he looks fine.

Lorenzo extends his hand and grabs the water bottle from on top the bedside table.

Oh...

"Here," He hands me the bottle, opens the drawer of the bedside table and takes out two tablets,"Take these." He says tonelessly as he placed the tablets on my palm.

"Well aren't you being nice," I say sarcastically as I roll my eyes.

In return, he rolled his eyes and sighed as he walked to the other side of the bed. I took the tablets and drank half of the water. It wasn't until Lorenzo slipped into bed and turned his back to me that I began to feel awkward.

I looked at his back. It was tense and I'm sure it's because of me being here. Should I stay or should I go?

Why would you want to stay? my conscious sneered.

Because I'm stupid.

I sighed internally and threw the blankets off me. As I got off the bed, Lorenzo's gruff voice stopped me," Where are you going?"

I straightened my back, keeping it facing him," My room."

"Why bother?" I hear movement -as if he turns on the bed," You can stay here for the while"

I turned to face him,"No."

"Why not?"

"Just because," I rolled my eyes sighing.

"Just because what?" He raised his thick eyebrow.

"Are you always this irritating?" I sneered, curling my upper lip back.

"Well," he cupped his chin, pretending to be thinking," To you, I am annoying as fück."

I stared at him blankly and growled softly. I gripped the doorknob tightly before twisting it, pulling open the door.

Then something stopped me. My darn heart, that's what. I'm getting an opportunity to stay with him. Just for this one night.

One night.

One.

Night.

Inhaling deeply, I closed the door and turned around swiftly. I found his gaze and held it,"We can go back to hating each other in the morning. " I grumbled as I walked towards the bed.

"It is morning dumbāss," Renzo rolled his eyes and twisted himself so that his front was facing me. He propped his elbow on the pillow and rested his head as he observed my movements. The silky blanket was covering up until his waist and his hair was a wavy mess.