Chapter 16: Mission Time

THIS IS 2 DAYS AFTER JESSICA'S VISIT WITH DR.ALLEN! SO ITS NOW JANUARY 5 AND SHE GOES BACK TO SCHOOL IN 2 DAYS! HER DAD IS AT WORK, SISTER AT GRANDPARENTS, AND HER STEPMOM (SHARLA JUST CAME UP FOR A WEEK SO JESSICA AND BEKAH COULD MEET BEFORE SHARLA AND HER DAD GOT MARRIED) IS BACK IN TEXAS NOW!  JESSICA IS HOME "SICK"!

I had been pacing my house for about 20 minutes now trying to think of a way to get out of the house. Some way that wouldn't get me into trouble. I had a plan that would delay me- a lot, but I knew that it would work. 

I ran downstairs to my room and grabbed my phone. I went through my recent calls, until I found my dad then pressed the dial button. It rang twice before my phone was filled with my father's voice.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey, Dad," I coughed trying to sound more sick than what I actually was.

"Jessica? What do you need?" His voice now filled with confusion and concern, guess my acting was better than what I thought. 

"Um, I was just wondering if I could go to Manhattan to pick up some medicine at the store over there, the one here doesn't have the kind that helps me the best." It wasn't a lie, he knew the drug store here didn't carry the kind that helped me, like the one in Manhattan did. 

He sighed as he said, "Alright fine, Jessica. Just be careful and come home by dinner time. And please don't make too many other stops, besides the drug store."

"Okay will do. Thanks Dad, bye love you." I said now anxious to get off the phone and get busy. 

"Love you too, Hon, bye." He said before the sound of his voice was followed by a click of the phone.

The second that he was off the phone I placed my phone in my purse along with my keys, then told my pups to get into their crates, and began looking for my outfit. Since I was supposed to be killing someone today, I didn't want my face to be seen, along with anything else on my body. I grabbed a black balaclava, some dark leggings (sweatpants are to baggy for me to be doing my job in), a tight Under Armour long sleeved shirt, and some black boots. I grabbed a coat and a pair of sweatpants to wear on my way back into the house, just in case someone was home and wondering why I was dressed the way I was. 

I didn't need a weapon to complete my task, I was a weapon. A very, very, very, dangerous weapon. A weapon that nobody had any business messing with. A weapon that could take out the whole world, if I wanted-which I don't. But I have all the animals under my control, they are just me extended into multiple bodies. All of me v.s. all of them.  I'd win. 

I picked up my purse and extra clothes then walked out to my truck after setting the alarm on. About 20 minutes after that I was cruising the Manhattan streets. 

Five minutes after that I pulled into the drug's store parking lot. I checked my truck's radio clock before turning off the engine. It read 10:27, I needed to move quickly to beat all the rush hour traffic. I turned off the engine, threw my keys into my purse, hopped out of my truck, locking it behind me, then ran inside trying not to draw to much attention to myself. 

I spent longer than I would've liked to have spent in the store looking for medicine. I walked out without any medicine, since they were out of stock of the kind I wanted. I wish I could've noticed that before I spent three precious minutes staring at the shelf.