the wreckage of his pride

❝It's disgusting and un normal. They are not welcome anywhere near me.❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

HE WAS SCARED. He was scared of life. He was scared of his life.

He was scared of looking at his mom in the eyes. She would never accept him.

He was scared of looking at his father in the eyes. He would never accept him.

He was scared of being around his brother. He would never accept him.

He was scared of going to school. They would never accept him. He had seen it happen before. To another boy in his grade. The boy could not go a day without the same group of other boys harassing him in the gym locker room. In the cafeteria. In class. And in the halls.

He was scared to walk the streets hand in hand with the one whom he loved. He was scared that they would end up the way most people like him did. Shamed upon, beaten up, or even worse, dead.

A law being passed could not even erase the amount of homophobia throughout the entire world.

A mass shooting could not even erase the amount of homophobia through the entire world.

It could happen anywhere. At anytime.

It could only prove further more that he would have to live in fear for the rest of his life.

It could only prove further more that he would have to live a lie for the rest of his life.

He wanted to feel safe. Truly, he did. He wanted to feel safe enough to be free. To be himself. Yet, he couldn't. He couldn't just feel safe.

Not in this world. Not in this America. Not in this state. Not in this town. Not in this lifetime.

He wanted to hang on to at least a small piece of hope, but he couldn't find it. Hope. He just couldn't.

Not in this world. Not in this America. Not in this state. Not in this town. Not in this lifetime.

And as he sat in the corner booth pondering over his thoughts, he stared across the cafe at one of the workers behind the counter. A worker who happened to be classified as his best friend. A worker who happens to be classified as a boy. A worker who happens to be classified as a boy who he's in love with and has been since the tender age of eleven. A worker who happens to come from a family who, just like his own, doesn't accept people like him. A worker who happens to be classified as straight.

He had too much to lose. So he couldn't tell anyone.

Not in this world. Not in this America. Not in this state. Not in this town. Not in this lifetime.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

⠀⠀Reminder that an entire religion should not be put to blame for one man's wrong doings. Also, that lgbtq people should not be shamed or held accountable because of the way that they are. The way that they are is acceptable and no where near disgusting or un normal.

⠀⠀Ps; Orlando I love you.