the wreckage of his sexuality

❝He's such a fag, he doesn't belong here. I don't want him to try and get with me.❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

HIS PARENTS HAD given their church a sob story on how he was just confused once word got around. They didn't want to be known as the parents of a sinner. They didn't want to be known as his parents at all.

Even his friends' parents told him that they didn't want their kids hanging out with him anymore. They didn't want to risk their reputation either.

God doesn't like gays, they're disgusting. The bible says it.

Being gay may have been what they would call a sin, but there were actually a few gay couples in the bible. He discovered that after reading more deep into the lines. And maybe they would know if they actually read it rather than going around and preaching that they did even though they hadn't. Reading a few verses off of the google app doesn't make you a perfect Christian.

You can be religious and still have your own form of opinions too.

He wished people in his town would realize that being a closed minded asshole isn't going to make people outside of town like you.

He was tired of being alone.

Being told that he was a nasty person.

He forced himself not to cry.

He had no friends. He had no one. He was treated like shit at school. He was called so many names. How could he be himself in a society that profits from your self doubt?

He stared up at the ceiling fan and apologized. He apologized for liking boys. He was apologizing when he shouldn't have apologized at all in the first place.