the wreckage of her skin color

❝Honestly, she's just way too black for this school.❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

THEY CLAIM HER culture.

They claim her words.

They claim they aren't racist, but they claim she is.

"You cannot oppress the oppressor," she reasons. "You cannot claim a race that is not yours."

They try and appropriate her culture, but yet they're the ones who judge it.

They try and attack her with, all white lives matter.

They try and attack her with, all lives matter.

All lives do matter. All lives are precious. But when you've lived with privilege from the day you were born because you are not black or a person of color in general then what do you say?

They call her ghetto at school.

They call her names that they should not be using.

They say she's too loud.

All they do is abuse their privilege. They would never live in her shoes. She didn't expect them to understand because they never even really tried.

The preppy white boy questions her jokingly, "Why do black people have their own history month?"

"Maybe if you did your own research and educated yourself on black history then you would know."

Even after she had explained that to him calmly, rumors were spread around school that an angry black girl had told an innocent white boy off.

She stared down at her skin. She was put down for being black ever since she was born. She was made fun of for her features. She was made fun of for her family. She was made fun of for just being her.

Things that were asked and said to her from ignorant people at school swirled through her head.

"Why is your hair so big?"

She was the only black girl at school with an afro.

"Why is your skin so dark?"

She was only one out of a couple of dark skin black kids at school.

"I saw your brother on the news, it's kind of his fault that he got shot."

Her brother had been protesting peacefully and unarmed at a all black lives matter rally the night before. He was shot 35 times on the scene, by a white cop because the cop felt threatened.

All black lives matter.

No matter what she said, there would always be people who fought her every word. They made her believe that she should be ashamed of her hair, her face, her family, her skin. They made her look like a bad person for preaching her rights.

All black lives matter.

So then why is it so hard for most of them to realize it?