the wreckage of her bones

❝She is way too skinny! Someone should tell her that she needs some meat on those bones.❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

SOCIETY SAYS THAT being fat makes you gross.

Society says that being too skinny means you're anorexic.

Society told her that she was selfish for being insecure, because fat people would love to be in her place.

Society told her that she was anorexic.

Society told her that she looked like a sack of bones.

Society told her that she needs to eat more.

She rubbed her hands along her hip bones.

Too bony.

She traced her fingers along her collar bones.

Too dominate.

She looked at her breasts.

Too flat.

She glanced at her thigh gap.

Too wide.

She stared at her legs.

Too stick like.

She let out a heavy sigh. She had the body of a prepubescent boy. Why was she born that way?

You're underweight.

Do you not eat?

Why are you so small?

How can you complain about being skinny, you're so selfish.

No one even makes fun of you for being skinny... Where are you getting all this bull crap from?

It had been apparent that she wasn't allowed to be insecure and she also wasn't allowed to tell people off for calling her terrible things. She had to be insecure in silence. In her own room. In front of her own mirror.

It was in fact that she actually ate a lot. She loved food. She loved food so much that she hated it at the same time. Why? Because she never gained what she ate.

You're so lucky!

"You wouldn't understand," she thought loudly.

You're skinny, you can't be insecure.

Society switched up its mind a lot.

You're anorexic.

Eat more.

You're blessed to be skinny.

Stop complaining.

Her mind had been fed different phrases, different voices. She kept to herself. She suffered alone. No one knew. She backed away from her mirror and fell onto her mattress. That night she wished for a new body.