the wreckage of her loneliness

❝She's a loser. I wouldn't be caught standing near her. People would make fun of me!❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

SHE WANDERS THE gym in silence. Once everyone completes their three laps they all disperse and do their own activities until class is over. Her? She doesn't do anything. She walks around the gym perimeter in circles; alone. She fiddles with her fingers and mumbles to herself.

The only excitement she can get from the day is the bell ringing because school is out, but yet she would still be returning back home. A just as terrible place.

She sits on the bus and wastes time by looking out of the window. Everyone is noisy. She can feel different pairs of eyes on her, she ignores it.

She looks like a rat.

She kind of looks like a homeless person.

She continues to stare out the window. Bus stop after bus stop all of the kids leave and soon she does too. She stumbles slightly down the bus steps and closes her ears as the engine roars and the bus drives off. She carries herself down the side walk while staring at her feet.

She looks messed up.

She looks like a piece of shit.

She sighs once meeting the front door of her crappy house. She yanks open the always unlocked door and steps in. Tightening the hold on her back pack she begins to head over to the run down kitchen and decides to make dinner. She would be eating good tonight for sure.

Setting her backpack on the kitchen counter she unzips it and reaches in to get the sandwich, fruit cup, cupcake, chips, and water bottle. Luckily someone in the cafeteria at school decided that they didn't want their mom's lunch that was packed for them.

She took two plastic plates and two plastic cups out from the pantry and set them onto the counter next to the foods. She ripped the sandwich in half, and placed one half onto one plate and the other half onto the other. She did the same with the other foods, placing half on one plate and then the rest on the other. She poured water into both cups until the bottle was empty.

Carefully carrying everything, she walks into the dining room attached to the kitchen and sets everything down. She slid one cup and plate onto one side of the table and then one cup and plate onto the other side. She sat down on one side and stared at the empty chair a few feet away from her.

She sat there for exactly twenty minutes, staring at the empty chair. It had become apart of her routine. She had been doing it for the last few months.

"She told me she'd come back home soon," she whispered.

A part of her knew that wasn't the case. She was alone. She was alone at school, and she was alone at home. She frowned at her plate and sat in silence. Silence had been her only option lately.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

⠀⠀This chapter was dedicated to the insanely lovely girl who walks alone in my gym class. I notice you.